1920 AAMCO (TOW) DERRICK FOR SALE in TAMPA FL

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
jamierodg
Body Type: Tow & Huckster
Model Year: 1929

1920 AAMCO (TOW) DERRICK FOR SALE in TAMPA FL

Post by jamierodg »

1920 AAMCO (TOW) DERRICK FOR SALE
This tow rig (or derrick as the data plate calls it) is currently sitting on a 1929 AA. Checking to see if there is any interest. May just keep it as a tow truck. It's a fun rig. My wife and I had a good time pulling out trees and bushes all over. You put the handle on the low gear and it will pull just about anything out of the ground. It picked up steel boat davits that two men couldn't even lift.

It's in beautiful shape and looks as it probably did in '29 when it was 9 years old. It has a durable coat of black paint, gears are in beautiful shape and only one of the pulleys has a bit taken out of it about the size of a nickel. The whole rig can be unlocked and so that it can swivel around to either side of the truck. It could be used to tow another vehicle or even to lift something into the bed. Presently has a magnetic mount orange flashing light - not original but lots of fun. You can pull it off at the show but stick it back on when the kids are around. Adults and kids both smile when they see it.

I will post some pictures when I can if there is any interest.
1929AATow.jpg
1929AATow.jpg (15.51 KiB) Viewed 4413 times
Last edited by jamierodg on October 9th, 2010, 5:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Slower is better!!! Why haul ass if you can haul wood!
Jared275
Body Type: dUMP
Model Year: 1928

Re: 1920 AAMCO (TOW) DERRICK FOR SALE

Post by Jared275 »

I would be interested in the tow rig. How much would you be looking to get for it and where are you located?
Best Regards,
Jared
jamierodg

Re: 1920 AAMCO (TOW) DERRICK FOR SALE in TAMPA FL

Post by jamierodg »

That's an excellent question. I adjusted my posting to include Tampa FL. It could be easily disassembled and shipped or picked up as is. I'm considering selling the truck as a whole as well. I figure the truck is worth about 12k and the tow derrick about 2k. I'll entertain offers.
the99car
Body Type: stake body-dual whee
Model Year: 1930

Post by the99car »

Where in Tampa are you? -Kenny ,Plant City email-the99car@yahoo.com
jamierodg

Post by jamierodg »

I forgot to mention I have some other tow truck accessories with this including a vintage floor jack. It's pretty cool with long handle and steerable wheels. You can see it in the photo. It's sitting right behind the driver. I'll have to check and see if there's a data plate on it. I'm not sure of the year but I would place it in the 20's just by the style. It actually works better than my modern hydraulic floor jack and as far as I know it's just mechanical. It won't lift as much as a big hydraulic but it lifts my AA rear axle off the ground and it lifts the A pickup truck up like it was a feather.

Also have some two smoke pots, the kind a tow truck would place out and light (filled with kerosene I imagine) or any vehicle would put out if broken down.
2103bud
Body Type: tow truck

Post by 2103bud »

jamierodg,

Do you still have your tow truck available, I would be interested in any towing equipment you might have.

Thanks, Bud