Looking for a good used 32x6 tire

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
wvbuzzmaster
Body Type: AA Doodlebug
Model Year: 1929

Looking for a good used 32x6 tire

Post by wvbuzzmaster »

I recently bought a 1929 Model AA as a doodlebug project (came with no rear axle and frame already cut). It has no engine so I will put a 2 cylinder in it. But more importantly the only tires I got with it are shot. Both are the 32x6 and I coincidentally had a really good 32x6 laying around, so I really just need one more good 32x6. Anyone have one laying around with a good bit of tread left? I know you guys are replacing tires so it shouldn't be too difficult to find a 32x6 or two in good shape. Thanks, Casey
Brady
Body Type: None
Model Year: 1930

Re: Looking for a good used 32x6 tire

Post by Brady »

Buzz-
You use the term 'doodlebug', so I get the idea you're located on the east coast. I do have a 32/6 tire, which I believe was intended as a spare for a '27 American LaFrance fire truck that my brother had. He kept the tire, and I think it's in the barn. You will have better luck here, if you post some information about your location. fb-Norwich, NY
wvbuzzmaster

Post by wvbuzzmaster »

Brady, thanks for your quick response. You are right, I forgot to add location cause I forgot my newness to the forum and didn't realize I hadn't formatted my profile yet. I am located in West Virginia (between Parkersburg and Clarksburg). I would be interested in that 32x6 tire you mentioned having, do you have any pictures of the tire? Thanks, Casey
Brady
Body Type: None
Model Year: 1930

Post by Brady »

Buzz:
The tire is at my brother's place, some 32 miles north of me. I'll get in touch with him, and try to get something rolling...
I don't have any photos of it, but it was in such good shape that he decided to keep it instead of letting it go with the ALF when it was sold. It is marked 32/6, instead of the normal 20" sizes that we always see. Posting photos is a trip to hell for me, but if you check my profile of posts, you might find some snap shots of a buggy I built a few years ago. I have 3 that are in driving, condition, and 6 more that are in various stages. They're lots of fun, and pretty much a poor guy's means of enjoying the Model A/AA experience.
I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Meanwhile, take good care of things in West By God...
fb
wvbuzzmaster

Post by wvbuzzmaster »

Ok Brady, that sounds good. If you want you can just email me the pictures of the tires, I will PM you my email address.
wvbuzzmaster

Post by wvbuzzmaster »

Still looking for a 32x6 tire. Brady is still trying to track the one he mentioned down, so I may need to find another. Either way if I ended up with an extra it doesn't hurt anything cause you never know when you will tear up a tire, and chances are it will be the odd size. Thanks all.