1930 Ford AA 1 ton original running truck - Peru, IN

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
Trulyvintage
Body Type: Model A
Model Year: 1930

1930 Ford AA 1 ton original running truck - Peru, IN

Post by Trulyvintage »

Yesterday I picked up an engine set in Peru, IN for transport to Oregon :wink:

I met Kenneth Wolf - a collector of Antique Gas & Steam Engines

I shot a short video featuring his original 1930 AA Ford for sale:

@ http://www.youtube.com/user/TrulyVintag ... ature=mhee

After viewing the video - give Kenneth a call if you are interested

Jim
Shorthaul
Body Type: 186 stake
Model Year: 1931

Re: 1930 Ford AA 1 ton original running truck - Peru, IN

Post by Shorthaul »

Going to be out that way, might stop and check the place out next week
Drew Mashburn

Post by Drew Mashburn »

Shorthaul:

Please let us know what you find out about this AA, even if you decide not to purchase it. Take some more photos and post them, if you're able.

Thanks,
-- Drew
Drew Mashburn
nreed
Body Type: 31aa

Post by nreed »

Just came back from Mr. Wolf's place after seeing the AA. It is about like described except there are a few dents in the sheet metal and some rust through in the cowl panels and the lower cab back. The interior is not too bad but would need some work to suit me for a driver. It is a one ton because it has single tires in the back. Also the bed is homemade but very serviceable. I do believe you could add a battery and gasoline and drive just like it is. The top material is gone but the wood looks to be usable. I didn't take my camera so I don't have any pictures but the truck would be a good one to restore or drive. I would have bought it but my present truck still needs work and it would have been a distraction having the new AA around. His price to me was reasonable but I won't say what it was because he might change his mind to the next guy either up or down. Mr. Wolf is a real nice guy and very interesting to talk to. Well worth the time to look if you need a truck.
Trulyvintage
Body Type: Model A

Post by Trulyvintage »

nreed wrote:Just came back from Mr. Wolf's place after seeing the AA. It is about like described except there are a few dents in the sheet metal and some rust through in the cowl panels and the lower cab back. The interior is not too bad but would need some work to suit me for a driver. It is a one ton because it has single tires in the back. Also the bed is homemade but very serviceable. I do believe you could add a battery and gasoline and drive just like it is. The top material is gone but the wood looks to be usable. I didn't take my camera so I don't have any pictures but the truck would be a good one to restore or drive. I would have bought it but my present truck still needs work and it would have been a distraction having the new AA around. His price to me was reasonable but I won't say what it was because he might change his mind to the next guy either up or down. Mr. Wolf is a real nice guy and very interesting to talk to. Well worth the time to look if you need a truck.
Kenneth has been collecting most of his life

I am a lucky guy - I get to see many interesting things & meet
genuinely good people in my day to day travels

Jim
Shorthaul
Body Type: 186 stake

Post by Shorthaul »

Drew Mashburn wrote:Shorthaul:

Please let us know what you find out about this AA, even if you decide not to purchase it. Take some more photos and post them, if you're able.

Thanks,
-- Drew
Drew,
I'M not planning on buying it, just looking. Let you know about it and pictures if I get over there.
Drew Mashburn

Post by Drew Mashburn »

Shorthaul:

It's always interesting to hear about new AA's. Especially, ones like this one that have been hidden away for some bit of time. And..............photos are always way cool!

Thanks,
-- Drew
Drew Mashburn