1929 Ford Model AA Truck Budd Wheels

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
Dandelion
Model Year: 1930

1929 Ford Model AA Truck Budd Wheels

Post by Dandelion »

Hi all,

Am desperately searching for three steel dual budd wheels with snap keys for my truck. Does anyone know where I can locate them from and someone who will also be willing to ship to UK. Can't complete the restoration without the wheels and have had no luck searching on the web.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Dandelion

Update on wheels - I need 31-33 not 29

Post by Dandelion »

Apparently I need 31-33 wheels - see photo - that have a reinforced ridge - inot the 29 wheels as these are six spoke and I need 5 spoke if anyone out there can help with three would be more than delighted.
Attachments
TRUCKWheel1.jpg
TRUCKWheel1.jpg (45.55 KiB) Viewed 5633 times
TRUCKWheel1.jpg
TRUCKWheel1.jpg (45.55 KiB) Viewed 5634 times
popcorn-guy

AA Budd wheels

Post by popcorn-guy »

Were you able to locate the Budd wheels you were looking for in the AA forum? If not, you may want to contact the following person. He has a considerable amount of AA parts, or at least did until recently as he has downsized his shop. He is use to shipping a variety of items so would be a good canidate to assist you if he has what you are looking for.

Bob Pearson: url: http://homepage.mac.com/rtpearson.mac/Menu14.html

email: popcornwagons@mac.com

Hope this may help.
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

Hi Alan, Thanks very much for info. Did in fact find the wheels and had them shipped over. The Truck is pretty much done now but have started to work on another project - building a Model A De Ville - the car Henry Ford never made but should have - from scratch so may need more A parts so fairly soon. Contact info of Bob will be very helpful.

Thanks again!
popcorn-guy

Budd AA wheels

Post by popcorn-guy »

If you haven't yet, check out his web page. Click on the photo "trucks" and the second from the last photo is my truck. "Popcorn truck with trailer". I think you'll find his varied work quite interesting. He, himself, is quite interesting as he is one of the founding members of the National Hot Rod Assoc. and a good friend of Wally Parks who was their president for years on end. I've seen his work of years gone by and it was impecable. A very talented individual.

I'm not sure how many "A" parts that he has but what ever you're looking for if it is common to the AA's you may find it with him. Good luck on you new venture.