5.14 for '30

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
russ
Body Type: 82a
Model Year: 1930

5.14 for '30

Post by russ »

OK, I split my cherished 5.14 diff today for restoration and 'bout passed out when I found she's got 4 severely rusted teeth on the ring. The ring is a no-go.
I know a year or so ago Sacramento Vintage had an NOS set, but I called 'em today and it's sold. Maybe if ya know of a good lead, bad lead, a sort of a lead, give me a holler. I gotta make this happen.
So, who's holdin' out with a good set of 5.14 r&p gears? C'mon, drop me a line, leggo that thing, ya can't take it with ya. :cry: :wink: :cry:

Thanks, Russ
Mike in Maine
Body Type: 82B
Model Year: 1931

5:14

Post by Mike in Maine »

I have one, and possibly two left. The thing is I have to open them up to see if they are any good(as you found out). Can you wait a few days until I get that done? Just let me know if you locate one in the meantime. I bought three axles for the 5:14 rear end. The first one I opened was in real good shape so I didn't open the other ones. I will be able to send pictures if it comes to that. Yours is just to bad to use I take it? Where are you located? Regards, Mike
russ
Body Type: 82a
Model Year: 1930

r & p found

Post by russ »

Found what looks to be a good'un. No more diggin' thru yer stuff required. Many thanks, Russ