WANTED 4-Bolt PTO for 1928 AA

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
TruckMan
Body Type: Garwood Dump
Model Year: 1928

Re: WANTED 4-Bolt PTO for 1928 AA

Post by TruckMan »

What a happy day! I have installed the four bolt PTO, and it works like a charm. Now, I still have some work to do. I ordered a U-joint so that I can connect it to the hydraulic pump. Assuming that the pump will pump and the cylinder will push, I should be able to raise the dump body.

Anyone have pictures of the type of levers people used? I need to put one through the floor to operate the PTO. Also need to connect levers and linkage to activate/deactivate the hydraulic pump.

Neil, did you mention once that you have one installed on a truck? Pictures?
TruckMan
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Post by Neil Wilson »

I sold the PTO since I didn't plan on using it. It was not hooked up to anything when I bought the truck. The truck's platform had been converted to a dump bed at some point. Most of the cross members will need to be replaced. It was the early '27/'28 platform with only four side pockets.

Attached is a picture of the PTO when I removed it.
Attachments
xPower Take Off 3c.jpg
xPower Take Off 3c.jpg (249.73 KiB) Viewed 3099 times
Regards, Neil Wilson
TruckMan

Post by TruckMan »

Thanks Neil.

I just got the U-joint and latch parts for the tail gate delivered, so as soon as I make a keyed shaft, I'll be ready to attempt a lift. fell like a kid at Christmas. Good timing!

So, pictures, anyone, of levers in the cab?
TruckMan
dan plantz
Body Type: stakebed
Model Year: 1929

Post by dan plantz »

would like to know what makes a 4 bolt pto scarce. what is the benefits of a 4 vs 6 bolt. I am not a mechanic. I might have seen a 4 bolt pto , a trans and a rearend sitting in a barn in upstate ny. Have no idea what speed trans was. there was also a hi-lo aux trans with it. May look for it again when i return to ny this may/june. dan
TruckMan

Post by TruckMan »

What makes it rare is it was only used for 28 & 29. A six bolt will not work. The SAE Six bolt was used from '30 through today. I now have one but others on site would be interested. If you truly find a four bolt remember your friends here.
TruckMan