Wanted: u-joint

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
Bob C
Body Type: Mail truck, Stake tr
Model Year: 1931

Wanted: u-joint

Post by Bob C »

Wanted: Late style needle bearing rear u-joint for '32-'38 1 1/2 ton
part number 51-7090, 1 3/8" 10 spline.
Mike in Maine
Body Type: 82B

u-joint

Post by Mike in Maine »

Bob C, I posted a picture of a joint last Oct. that I was not sure what it was. I have since been told that it came out of a 32 AA. This one is made by spicer and I believe is the needle bearing type. I you want to look at it
go to search and type in " u-joint ". You should find my post (Mike in Maine). Actually, you made a reply to the post. Do you remember it?
I really don't know, but is that anything like what you are looking for?
Mike
Bob C

Post by Bob C »

Hi Mike,

The one in your post is the front one and it looks like I need one of those also. The rear one is 10 spline 1 3/8" on both ends and I think it is about an inch shorter as the back part is not bolted to the u-joint like the one in your post.

Bob
Mike in Maine

u-joint

Post by Mike in Maine »

Bob C, Just read your forum post and have a better understanding of the other joint you need. The one you need has a race on the hub that actually fits into the roll bearing that you pictured. Is that correct?
I do not have that one. Going to be gone 'til Sunday. Check back on the forum then. Good luck. Mike
Bob C

Post by Bob C »

Mike, I need a front U-joint like the one in your picture and I'll have to machine it to accept the bearing inner race. The rear one I need is just a '32-'38 needle bearing type similar to the front but the back splined part does not bolt on, it's all one piece.

Bob
Mike in Maine

u-joint

Post by Mike in Maine »

Bob, I am willing to part with this joint as I really have no need for it for what I have. It is in real good shape and tight side to side. I cannot see a place for a grease fitting so I am not sure how it would be greased. I assume it is needle bearing but not sure as I did not take a cap out. I can send you more close-up pictures and more accurate measurements if you want. I do not have any of the other one you need.
I would price it at $40.00 plus shipping
Regards, Mike