pics.....

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
truknut
Body Type: stake
Model Year: 1928

pics.....

Post by truknut »

Would someone be kind enough to tell me the format for uploading pics to this site? I'm guessing I have to load different software on my machine to get them to post. Thanks!

8) Rick
1crosscut
Body Type: 82-A
Model Year: 1929

Re: pics.....

Post by 1crosscut »

Rick,
I'll try to give you some help on posting pictures.

When you have the picture you want to post opened up on your computer you should be able to click on "open" on a header at the top to give you some options for what program to use.

On my computer I use Microsoft Office Picture Manager.

Then click on Edit Pictures.

You'll see a menu come up, click on Resize.

Another menu will open and what I do is to put in 40 or 50 in the percent box to make the picture smaller so it will be small enough to post on the AA site.

Click on OK

In the upper left click on Save As and save it with something like 001 and then click Save. You can make a new folder just for these re-sized pictures to keep them separate if you like.

Now when your done and and click on the red x at the upper right it to close that particular picture it will say that changes have not been made. That is for the original picture you started with. Click don't save other wise your original picture will be changed too.

Hopefully the smaller pictures will then load on the AA site.
If it doesn't load open up the original picture and make it 10% smaller than your first attempt.

I believe that the AA site will only allow you to post three pictures on each post. If you want your pictures to be in a particular order Such as 1, 2, 3. You will have to load the last picture first, second picture and then the first to make them post in the order you want.

Clear as mud I know.
Others will probably have easier ways but this works for me.
------------
Dave
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed
Model Year: 1931

Post by spectria »

truknut wrote:Would someone be kind enough to tell me the format for uploading pics to this site? I'm guessing I have to load different software on my machine to get them to post. Thanks! 8) Rick
Rick. It's a size issue (so often!) the pics can be up to 500k but they show HUGE when posted that large.
After playing around, I found that pics around 235kb fill my screen without having to slide the pics side to side to view the whole thing.

You have to look at the pic file to find out it's size. Most good pics exceed 500kb, usually around 1.2 meg, so they need to be resized.
Photobucket will do this for you, but if you ever change your Photobucket folders, all your links to this site will get broken, so I don't use it unless I have a ton of pics.
You can resize SHELBY's way by opening the photo in Paint on most Windows machines (right click the file name, click open with, then find Paint, then when Paint opens the pic look up top left and click resize, leave on percentage and save aspect ratio and choose 30 percent and try to upload the pic here. Use preview to see how it shows up.)
Many other ways, but size matters.
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Post by Neil Wilson »

Rick,
Posting advice on how to re-size your pictures is a waste of time until you tell us what programs you can open your pictures with. So, can you open with Microsoft Office Picture Manager or what???????????????

I personally use Photoshop. But many do not have this expensive program.

As a matter of security, never re-size a picture and then save it under the original file name (as advised by 1crosscut). Always use "save as" and change the name. I save my re-sized picture under the original name but with an "x" added to the front. This allows me to see both the original photo and the re-sized photo in the same folder.

I just tried to post a picture with a file size of about 700 KB and got the message "The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 512 KiB." So, 512 KB or less is the file size needed. But, as spectria indicates a file size of about 250 or less fits the screen better.

Let us know which programs you can open your pictures with.
Regards, Neil Wilson
spectria

Post by spectria »

Neil Wilson wrote:Rick,
Posting advice on how to re-size your pictures is a waste of time until you tell us what programs you can open your pictures with. So, can you open with Microsoft Office Picture Manager or what???????????????

I personally use Photoshop. But many do not have this expensive program.

As a matter of security, never re-size a picture and then save it under the original file name (as advised by 1crosscut). Always use "save as" and change the name. I save my re-sized picture under the original name but with an "x" added to the front. This allows me to see both the original photo and the re-sized photo in the same folder.

I just tried to post a picture with a file size of about 700 KB and got the message "The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 512 KiB." So, 512 KB or less is the file size needed. But, as spectria indicates a file size of about 250 or less fits the screen better.

Let us know which programs you can open your pictures with.
Neil, I think Crosscut said to save the file with an added # like you are suggesting. I always add ~resized~ or an a to the original filename so. as you say, you don't alter the Original.
E.Moore

Post by E.Moore »

The digital camera you are using has a setting that will take photos in the Personal Computer format. On the camera that I use, in the menu section, there is an "image mode" setting. If you can find 640X480, that setting will allow you to be able to post photos directly to this forum, without having to go through other websites or purchase photo software.

The ability to easily post photos to this forum is by choosing a setting in the camera to a low digital setting. VGA is 640X480.
Neil Wilson

Post by Neil Wilson »

The big draw back of taking low resolution pictures with a camera is that you never have access to high resolution pictures without going back and retaking the picture.

I always have my camera set at the highest resolution possible and then resize if needed. If the only purpose is to post a picture on the AA forum, then I guess reducing the size via the camera is just fine.
Regards, Neil Wilson
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Post by Chris Haynes »

If you open a free account at www.photobucket.com you can upload your photos there. After your photo is uploaded you copy the IMG CODE for that photo and paste it here. You will have no resizing issues and your photos will appear like this.
pyrodork
Body Type: AA Stakebed

Post by pyrodork »

Chris Haynes wrote:If you open a free account at http://www.photobucket.com you can upload your photos there. After your photo is uploaded you copy the IMG CODE for that photo and paste it here. You will have no resizing issues and your photos will appear like this.
if only my engine would appear like that! :P
Rumored to be an Early '30 AA...

"Pics or it didn't happen."

-- Scotty "It-Only-Sounds-Like-I-Know-What-I'm-Doing" Petersen, Esquire.
Neil Wilson

Post by Neil Wilson »

The engine picture has a file size of 86kb. It is 639 pixels x 533 pixels. It is a good size for a 12" wide monitor.

The attached picture has a file size of 138kb. It is 624 pixels x 480 pixels. The original picture was 11,700 pixels x 900 pixels with a file size of 29,763kb (i.e. high resolution). I used MS Office Picture Manager to resize it as follows:

Picture>Resize; select - Predefined widthxheight: click "web-Large (640x480px); click OK button
File>Save As...; select folder to save in; enter new file name; click Save button
Attachments
xx29 Cowl & Chassis 52858 2-3-29.jpg
xx29 Cowl & Chassis 52858 2-3-29.jpg (137.09 KiB) Viewed 8450 times
Regards, Neil Wilson
1crosscut
Body Type: 82-A
Model Year: 1929

Post by 1crosscut »

Neil that is just too darn easy!
Attachments
xDSC05672.jpg
xDSC05672.jpg (125.85 KiB) Viewed 8441 times
------------
Dave
spectria

Post by spectria »

pyrodork wrote:
Chris Haynes wrote:If you open a free account at http://www.photobucket.com you can upload your photos there. After your photo is uploaded you copy the IMG CODE for that photo and paste it here. You will have no resizing issues and your photos will appear like this.
I Know, Right?
No matter how much I squint or alter my image it never comes out like Chris's...
Chris Haynes

Post by Chris Haynes »

spectria wrote:
pyrodork wrote:
I Know, Right?
No matter how much I squint or alter my image it never comes out like Chris's...
That is what is going into my '41 Deluxe Fordor.
spectria

Post by spectria »

Chris Haynes wrote:
spectria wrote:
I Know, Right?
That is what is going into my '41 Deluxe Fordor.
Sweet!
Chris Haynes

Post by Chris Haynes »

It is a .100 over '47 block with a Merc crank, Harmon & Collins 3/4 cam, Johnson adjustable lifters, Harmon & Collins dual coil ignition. Offenhauser heads and quad intake with a 315 Holley, Webber aluminum flywheel, and a truck oil pan. It has three hours running time on the engine stand. Now if only my paint and body man would get started on the car life would be sweet.