aa for sale in Azusa CA (ruff!)

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
carnut14
Body Type: don't know
Model Year: 1929

aa for sale in Azusa CA (ruff!)

Post by carnut14 »

http://images.craigslist.org/3Kf3Ia3Na5 ... fb1ea6.jpg

Azusa is a small community near Los Angeles. I found this listing on the local Craigs list and do not need another project. Although there are some parts I would like to have. This thing is ruff but the asking price was 2K which I didn't feel was too bad for what appears to be solid iron.
Bob C
Body Type: Mail truck, Stake tr
Model Year: 1931

Re: aa for sale in Azusa CA (ruff!)

Post by Bob C »

spdway1

Post by spdway1 »

It sure does not look ROUGH to me. It just looks like a big project. Come here to New England and see rough. :)
Stakebed
Body Type: Grainbox

Post by Stakebed »

or come visit my project, its beyond rough...

plenty o parts i could use. Anyhow just for my knowlege i thought all 29's had the other wheels. is this a late 29 or do the dual wheel versions all share the wheels pictured like the 30/31 style?
lookin-backtexas
Body Type: Stakebed
Model Year: 1931

Post by lookin-backtexas »

Stakebed wrote:or come visit my project, its beyond rough...

plenty o parts i could use. Anyhow just for my knowlege i thought all 29's had the other wheels. is this a late 29 or do the dual wheel versions all share the wheels pictured like the 30/31 style?
Hard to tell from the Craigslist photos but it looks like the cab has a non-threaded gas cap which would make it "early '30". The five spoke wheel shown on the truck was used from January 1930 through the end of production in 1931.

Fred
If you are not driving your AA truck you might as well be collecting clocks!
ImageImage
Stakebed
Body Type: Grainbox

Post by Stakebed »

Alright cool. yea i suspected somehting wasnt what i remember it being :wink: probably was a jan 30 truck using the older cab parts with the updated axles
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1930

Post by Chris Haynes »

Stakebed wrote:Alright cool. yea i suspected somehting wasnt what i remember it being :wink: probably was a jan 30 truck using the older cab parts with the updated axles

That is the Early 1930 with the 82A cab. They were all like that until the 82B came out in June 1930. All the new 1930 frame and running gear with the carryover 82A sheetmetal.