rust free mystery windshield frame?

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
spdway1

Re: rust free mystery windshield frame?

Post by spdway1 »

Chris Haynes wrote:
ModelAkid wrote:OK, so if you are not concerned about originality and you want a vacuum wiper motor on your '28-29 AA instead of a hand wiper, you could install an A windshield frame on the AA with a vacuum motor. A & AA truck cabs are the same so the windshield frames are the same except for the holes for the different wipers.

My AA is a daily driver with several safety and performance upgrades. It is not for Blue Ribbon Judging. If I am making a 400 mile trip in bad weather I don't want a manual wiper.
Let's see a picture?
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1930

Re: rust free mystery windshield frame?

Post by Chris Haynes »

spdway1 wrote:
Chris Haynes wrote:
ModelAkid wrote:OK, so if you are not concerned about originality and you want a vacuum wiper motor on your '28-29 AA instead of a hand wiper, you could install an A windshield frame on the AA with a vacuum motor. A & AA truck cabs are the same so the windshield frames are the same except for the holes for the different wipers.

My AA is a daily driver with several safety and performance upgrades. It is not for Blue Ribbon Judging. If I am making a 400 mile trip in bad weather I don't want a manual wiper.
Let's see a picture?

Right now it is going through a ground up rebuild. The cab is in pieces. Sadly my bed was stolen. I have the frame done with completely rebuilt front and rear ends installed. Waiting for Terry Burtz to get his castings done so the engine can get built. I have a Charlie Zapp Riley 2 port head, Holley Webber downdraft set up, alternator, leakless water pump, Warford auxillary transmission. Wico JEM magneto, and a few other goodies.
As I said it will be a driver and not a trailer queen.
I have had this AA since 1970 and had vowed to never restore it. But when all the dry rot in the cab wood caused it to disenegerate I had to tear down the cab to replace it. I figured I may as well fill in the extra holes and weld up the cracks. As long as I was doing the cab I might as well cherry out the rest of the sheet metal. Fresh painted sheet metal would look bad on that rusty frame and running gear. So in one afternoon a running truck became a bare frame. :-)