Early Style (Short) Model AA Lug Nuts Wanted

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
lookin-backtexas
Body Type: Stakebed
Model Year: 1931

Early Style (Short) Model AA Lug Nuts Wanted

Post by lookin-backtexas »

I'm looking for 2-3 of the early style short "top hat" Model AA lug nuts.

They look like this:

Some of you may have been following the posting about the '28 Express Truck listed on the HAMB and Ford Barn which I bought - I picked him up yesterday and he's now at his new home near Austin.

A friend saw the above picture and said "That thing should polish right up". I was pleasantly surprised to find that John Boy not only has the original lug nuts and engine splash pans but he is the first AA I've ever seen to have both original front Houdaille shock absorbers still on it with the AA shock arms. He also has the early style (high) rear view mirror bracket still bolted to the driver's door and the early tail light bracket under the rear of the frame. The engine number has an AA prefix and is an October 1928 number so apparently it's a matching numbers vehicle and has the original engine (won't really be able to confirm until I pull the cab and check the frame number). The firewall is date stamped 9-26-28.

Before I unload him from my trailer, the first item of business today is to head to the car wash with several cans of engine degreaser! The engine has about a 2 inch thick layer of "crud" - old grease, etc. and dirt dobber nests that need to meet their maker!

Unfortunately one of his lug nuts is missing and a couple of others are pretty damaged. If you have 1, 2 or 3 lying around in your parts buckets I'd love to give them a good home.

Thanks,
Fred
If you are not driving your AA truck you might as well be collecting clocks!
ImageImage