early cowl....

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
truknut
Body Type: stake
Model Year: 1928

early cowl....

Post by truknut »

Does anyone have any photos of the very late '27, or, very early '28 cowl? I would not believe it if not seeing it myself' but, here goes. A friend purchased what appears to be a truck cowl, but the upper portion of the cowl is one piece, looking more like a '32 cowl, however, the gastank is '28-'29 and fits underneath the cowl. It has a special bracket in the center which has only two bolt ears just below the windshield. After the tank is installed, there is a gap of about 3 1/2 inches between the firewall, and the tank. The front of the tank has about a dozen bolts going across the top lip where the welt fits. Incidently, the firewall is indented in the middle. He was told it was a late '27 or extremely early '28 by a few of the local Model A gurus. Any pics would be appreciated. Please remember this is info I got from him, and my observation. I don't want to cause a commotion on this forum. Thanks , Rick 8)
Brady
Body Type: None
Model Year: 1930

Re: early cowl....

Post by Brady »

'28/9 Fordor and cabbies had a smooth cowl with removable tank, but I haven't heard of the indentation at the firewall. There were 11 different gas tanks produced throughout.
Bob C
Body Type: Mail truck, Stake tr
Model Year: 1931

Post by Bob C »

Like Brady said it's a Fordor or Cabriolet.
Attachments
cowl.JPG
cowl.JPG (37.36 KiB) Viewed 3859 times
fire.JPG
fire.JPG (52.4 KiB) Viewed 3859 times
Stakebed
Body Type: Grainbox
Model Year: 1929

Post by Stakebed »

ahhh i see. learn something every day. 8)
truknut
Body Type: stake
Model Year: 1928

Post by truknut »

Thanks, Gents! The pics are very helpful to me, and I will pass them along to my friend. 8) Rick