Fabricating pickup bed for my '28 SWB 'AA'

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
drtrcrV-8
Body Type: open
Model Year: 1928

Fabricating pickup bed for my '28 SWB 'AA'

Post by drtrcrV-8 »

Looking for Model A pickup bed parts(sides, post sockets, rear 'U' w/sockets, etc). Rusty, bent, incomplete OK! Yes, I'm on a budget, so I have to fabricate!! LOL! I live in Sacramento,CA., so 150mi+/-? 707-676-0222
drtrcrV-8
Body Type: open
Model Year: 1928

Re: Fabricating pickup bed for my '28 SWB 'AA'

Post by drtrcrV-8 »

Still looking! Does anybody have leftover parts from a PU bed 'build'? or a bed that's only good for parts? I'm looking for posts & sides & a rear frame to mount the tailgate against/into. Please, check your sheet- metal 'scrap-piles'!! see my previous post.
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Post by Neil Wilson »

I don't see much point in trying to "make" a Model A pickup body for an AA. Why not spend your efforts making up an Express body and end up with something like original. The TT express body was basically the same size and design as the AA express body. And, the TT express is easier to find. I have a document covering the TT to AA express conversion (i.e. what are the differences).
Regards, Neil Wilson
fdohnke
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1929

Post by fdohnke »

We have a TT Bed, it actually came from up near Sacramento, it will probably end up on the back of one of our AAs. There is an AA express "clone" done with a TT bed near my brothers house, it looks nice and only the "experts" can tell its not an original.