Looking for express skid strips

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
markt
Body Type: 188a
Model Year: 1928

Looking for express skid strips

Post by markt »

Hello, I am looking for a set of skid strips for my 28 AA express. I would consider almost any condition.
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1930

Re: Looking for express skid strips

Post by Chris Haynes »

If someone could make them I'll take a set.
Stakebed
Body Type: Grainbox
Model Year: 1929

Post by Stakebed »

do they look like the platform skid strips? If so there's a company out there that reproduces them in regular steel and stainless. The ends arent quite the same but the profile is correct.

Has them on ebay and i believe snyders recently just started stocking them in the aa section... if not them another big parts house is.

if they are longer ive heard the ebay people can cut and punch holes whatever length you want
oldtimetowing

Post by oldtimetowing »

The five center strips are basically the same as used on a flat bed except for the length and they have "rolled over" end at the rear where it butts up against the rear retainer, AA-89175. The two outside retainer strips, AA-89176 and AA-89177 are the problem. They have a right angle bend to them the length of the strips as well as a cut out for the wheel well which make them difficult to reproduce.
The mounting holes can be either punched or drilled and squared up with a file which is fun if you have the time.
I also went through several of the truck magazines looking for someone willing or able to make these with out success.
markt
Body Type: 188a
Model Year: 1928

Post by markt »

Thanks for the information, I will look into these strips.
Silversteve06
Body Type: Express

Post by Silversteve06 »

MarkT
There is a company out that has made the cross sills and the wood sills for the 89-A express and the eBay listing was from American muscle car. They said they are putting the listings out as soon as the parts are released to them. I am sure if they are making toughs parts they will be making others for the express.