looking for 96 inch splash aprons for a 28 aa?

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
birdacre
Body Type: AA express
Model Year: 1928

looking for 96 inch splash aprons for a 28 aa?

Post by birdacre »

does anyone have any leads. i am leery of reproduction ones. does anyone have any feedback on this? thank you, kevin in ct
Hayslip
Model Year: 1930

Re: looking for 96 inch splash aprons for a 28 aa?

Post by Hayslip »

I have Howell's splash aprons on my AA. I'm in Cumberland, RI if you want to view them. tel:401-333-1327. Best, Ed
Hayslip
birdacre
Body Type: AA express
Model Year: 1928

Post by birdacre »

thank you ed for the reply. did you have any trouble getting them to line up? i have heard folks talk about a flat spot or lack of flat spot on some aftermarket. any idea what this is? hey how long did it take for the parts to come? i have heard horror stories? i have also heard great stories. thanks and i might have to come see your truck. is it a flatbed, or express or dump? do you have any photos? thanks in advance, kevin
BrianT
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1929

Post by BrianT »

My truck came with the long running boards and splash aprons, I am sure the running boards maybe original, they have Ford script and made in the USA stamped in them, however the splash aprons are repos and somewhat on the thin side, if you should needs some pics PM me with your E-mail.
If you do have to order aprons get them directly from the vendors Snyders-Brattons Berts, this way you will receive them quickly and if they are not to your liking they will take them back.
Regards Brian.
ModelAkid
Body Type: 186-B stake
Model Year: 1931

Post by ModelAkid »

I have some long AA running boards I will not be needing, and a NOS short '31 running board. If anyone is needing these things let me know. I have too many extra parts.
Hayslip
Model Year: 1930

Post by Hayslip »

Search for "hauling leaves" on the AAclubhouse for a couple of photos. I don't remember any problems with these aprons, but it was some time ago and my standards are very low.
Hayslip