Bed strips delay

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
vintagepartsclub
Body Type: AA
Model Year: 1930

Bed strips delay

Post by vintagepartsclub »

Hello all! I apologize for my long absence in this board. Things just got very busy with our business lately! I have been in contact with the gentlemen who bought the bed strips pre order, but wanted to make an announcement on here in case they see this first and to inform others of the status.

The bed strips have been delayed again, for a short time. The manufacturer is waiting for the final die to come back from the tooling shop. All is complete except for the 2 outer strips that have the angle bend. That die is almost complete. They are in contact with the tooling shop and seeing why it is taking so long. After they get that final piece back, they will be able to rock and roll with the whole strip project.

Very sorry again to all for the long delay!

Ethan
markt
Body Type: 188a
Model Year: 1928

Re: Bed strips delay

Post by markt »

Any word on the bed strips yet?
rfj52

Post by rfj52 »

Hi Ethan , I asked once before can the center strips be bought without the 2 outer strips, and could the 2 outer strips be bought without the relief for fender wells? I am guessing the hold up is on the formed up relief for the well wheels. I am tool Toolmaker and things don"t happen fast in the toolroom.
Silversteve06
Body Type: Express

Post by Silversteve06 »

rfj52 we are almost done with the strips. I am the manufacturer of them and yes the 90 degree bend the forms around the wood and the indent for the tire wheel has made this go slower than normal for us. I have been devoted to finishing this project since I got back from Hershey and vacation. I will have them done ASAP
rustya1928
Body Type: 89
Model Year: 1928

Post by rustya1928 »

Hi:
Any word on the bed strips? I could use a couple if they are available. Charlie