power house generator

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
flatford39
Body Type: Express
Model Year: 1928

power house generator

Post by flatford39 »

Looking for the brackets I need for my 28 truck with the power house generator. These are the brackets that mount it to the engine.

thank you
ModelAkid
Body Type: 186-B stake
Model Year: 1931

Re: power house generator

Post by ModelAkid »

Powerhouse generators only have one bracket to mount to the engine. Sometimes they break off. Is that what you are looking for?
Also which of the several types of powerhouse generators do you have?
flatford39

Post by flatford39 »

ModelAkid wrote:Powerhouse generators only have one bracket to mount to the engine. Sometimes they break off. Is that what you are looking for?
Also which of the several types of powerhouse generators do you have?
I have a five brush and need the bracket that mounts it to the engine.
elfox
Body Type: 88-A
Model Year: 1929

Post by elfox »

Mine has only the mounting bolt attaching the generator to the engine. I've thought that there should be a bracket somewhere, but don't see where it would attach. Is there a drawing or picture that shows the correct setup?
Dave
Port Orchard, WA
Bob C
Body Type: Mail truck, Stake tr

Post by Bob C »

So you need the bracket that's bolted to the front of the generator?

Bob
Attachments
powerhouse2.JPG
powerhouse2.JPG (288.37 KiB) Viewed 6573 times
powerhous1.JPG
powerhous1.JPG (371.96 KiB) Viewed 6573 times
flatford39

Post by flatford39 »

Yes that is the bracket I am looking for. The top bracket. I saw one once at a flea market but you had to buy the whole generator to get it. In retrospect I should have bought it but today is today.
elfox
Body Type: 88-A
Model Year: 1929

Post by elfox »

I won't be able to look at my truck for another couple months, but I am pretty sure mine doesn't have that side bracket on it. Is there a swingarm that is supposed to attach to it?
Dave
Port Orchard, WA
flatford39

Post by flatford39 »

Yes, it is that swing arm I am looking for.
ModelAkid

Post by ModelAkid »

You guys need to read the "Model A Judging Standards & Restoration Guidelines". Then you would understand all the details on all the generators including the several different powerhouse generators. Only the very early powerhouse generators had a bracket to keep the belt tight, then Henry did away with that. If your generator does not have the attachment for the bracket then forget about it.
Apparently Henry thought the belt might be overtightened and the water pump bearings would be stressed.
flatford39

Post by flatford39 »

ModelAkid wrote:You guys need to read the "Model A Judging Standards & Restoration Guidelines". Then you would understand all the details on all the generators including the several different powerhouse generators. Only the very early powerhouse generators had a bracket to keep the belt tight, then Henry did away with that. If your generator does not have the attachment for the bracket then forget about it.
Apparently Henry thought the belt might be overtightened and the water pump bearings would be stressed.
OK...I have a P2 style and am looking for the adjusting arm bracket. Is it the same as the long generator???
ModelAkid

Post by ModelAkid »

No powerhouse generators after P2 had adjusting arms, and no long style generators had adjusting arms.
If the side bracket for the adjusting arm is missing from your P2 you will have a hard time finding another one. If you do then you will need to find the arm and the special stud for the other end. Good luck!
flatford39

Post by flatford39 »

ModelAkid wrote:No powerhouse generators after P2 had adjusting arms, and no long style generators had adjusting arms.
If the side bracket for the adjusting arm is missing from your P2 you will have a hard time finding another one. If you do then you will need to find the arm and the special stud for the other end. Good luck!
I missed one last August. It was a complete P2 albeit very rusty and frozen and the seller wouldn't separate the brackets. I should have bought the whole thing.

Thanks for referring me to my judging standards. I forget sometimes I own it.