<<<<<1929 AA Title Needed>>>>>

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
Freedom Jim
Model Year: 1929

<<<<<1929 AA Title Needed>>>>>

Post by Freedom Jim »

I recently bought a 1929 AA Truck in IL on a Bill of Sale.
Looking to buy one instead of going through the process of WI inspections and such.
Anything out there?
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1930

Re: <<<<<1929 AA Title Needed>>>>>

Post by Chris Haynes »

If you buy a title to another truck.Then buy insurance for your AA. Sadly you have damage to it. Your insurance adjuster looks at it and the number on your AA doesn't match the title. You are screwed.
After you register your AA another AA appears with the same serial number. You now have a can of worms.
Take the time and get the title for your AA. It isn't all that difficult.
macswoods
Body Type: 82-A

Post by macswoods »

In AZ you apply for a bonded title, they stick a label on the truck with the new title number assigned to the truck. go to the title office and explain
what the situation is, you may find it is not as hard as you think.
Freedom Jim

Post by Freedom Jim »

Thanks guys, I think I will do the right thing and obtain one through the state.
Stakebed
Body Type: Grainbox

Post by Stakebed »

gonna be interesting since you bought the truck in IL on only a bill of sale...IL is notoriously difficult when it comes to that crud.
Chris Haynes

Post by Chris Haynes »

Those people only know what you tell them. In CA I ask for a application for title. Tell them the vehicle has been parked on family property for decades. Have the clerk verify the number. Pay some money. Title comes in the mail in a couple weeks. As long as it hasn't been registered in 7 or more years you will have no problem. If it has been registered I do a Lien Sale.
Chris Haynes

Post by Chris Haynes »

Those people only know what you tell them. In CA I ask for a application for title. Tell them the vehicle has been parked on family property for decades. Have the clerk verify the number. Pay some money. Title comes in the mail in a couple weeks. As long as it hasn't been registered in 7 or more years you will have no problem. If it has been registered I do a Lien Sale. Loosen the cab, remove the splash apron so they can see the frame number.
ModelAkid
Body Type: 186-B stake
Model Year: 1931

Post by ModelAkid »

Every state has different rules regarding vehicle titles. I have lived in IL and CA and there is a very big difference. Chris Haynes is giving you good advice for CA that will not work in Illinois. I brought a Model A with a screwed up title to to CA and just abandoned the old title and got a new one that is "correct". It was not difficult in CA but in IL it would probably have been impossible. I understand why you want to just get another title but my advice for that and many other reasons is get the hell out of Illinois as soon as possible. (Bad roads, bad weather and the WORST politicians).
When I lived in the State Where The Governors Make The License Plates I brought a Corvette in from another state and there was a little problem with the title. To get an IL title and registration I had to post a bond for the value of the car for 3 years. After that since no one claimed they owned it, they gave me a clear title.
Freedom Jim

Post by Freedom Jim »

Thanks for all the advise, I am not in IL but WI
The truck is out of IL.
I won't have am issue here!
s147881
Body Type: stake bed 82A

Post by s147881 »

A 1939 michigan title for an AA. I got this with a truck this summer.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (437.35 KiB) Viewed 6619 times
Chris Haynes

Post by Chris Haynes »

So you register another truck and put the plates on yours. What do you do if it is stolen? What number do you report? What if you are involved in an accident and your insurance investigator finds out the vehicle you were driving was not the one you had insured?
Take the time to lift the cab and splash apron to expose your frame number and get the title for your vehicle. Using a title to another vehicle is illegal.