1928 Roadster pickup

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
Streetrodder
Model Year: 1928

1928 Roadster pickup

Post by Streetrodder »

Hi. I've located a barn find 28 roadster Pickup. According to the last plate, it hasn't run since 1969. I tried to locate the owner, ll found out they passed decades ago. No one owns it. My state wants a title, not a bill of sale to get a title. Anyone aware of any old A Pickup titles? I really don't want to pass up on a truck in good shape. Thank you, jim
drtrcrV-8
Body Type: open
Model Year: 1928

Re: 1928 Roadster pickup

Post by drtrcrV-8 »

It would help to know WHICH state, but if you're purchasing it from the current property owner, it would be a good idea to pre-check with your DMV as to how to proceed with a 'LEIN SALE' so as to obtain paperwork acceptable to the state in place of the original paperwork. This process varies from state to state, so your local AAA office may also be able to point you in the proper direction. Yes, it's often a PIA, but it CAN BE DONE, & it sounds like this one will be worth getting the paperwork correct!!
ModelAkid
Body Type: 186-B stake
Model Year: 1931

Post by ModelAkid »

Yes the key information of which state you are concerned with is missing from your question, and your profile is really missing a lot of information.
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1930

Post by Chris Haynes »

I have done lien sales many times to get a title. Google and find a Lien Sale service to do it for you. The one I use charges $60.00.
SHELBY MESSER
Body Type: 75-A
Model Year: 1930

Post by SHELBY MESSER »

Jim, Try filing for a lost title. bring the frame # and the engine # when you apply. Go on-line and look for apply for title in your state. Also An Antique car club in your area may be of great help.Shelby, Sacramento.