looking for 3 hole hood latch and gas cap

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
birdacre
Body Type: AA express
Model Year: 1928

looking for 3 hole hood latch and gas cap

Post by birdacre »

i have a 28 AA. looking for the following, 3 hole hood latch, gas cap, horn, rods from radiator to firewall. any one have any to part with, please post avail. and what you would want for them. thank you, kevin
Stakebed
Body Type: Grainbox
Model Year: 1929

Re: looking for 3 hole hood latch and gas cap

Post by Stakebed »

Im guessing you want originals? All can be had from the usual suppliers.
Hayslip
Model Year: 1930

Post by Hayslip »

The 1928 hood handles were drop forged, that is just the hook part. These are not reproduced. As a running change the handle was changed to a stamping sometime in the 1928-1929 period. It's not clear from the above which is requested.
Hayslip
birdacre
Body Type: AA express
Model Year: 1928

Post by birdacre »

my truck is a dec 28. it came with no latches. i aquired 3 originals. not sure which of the two i have. how do you tell the difference? any photos? i always look for used parts. i do not care for aftermarket. thank you. kevin
Hayslip
Model Year: 1930

Post by Hayslip »

Unless you are putting together a show vehicle I wouldn't worry about it. The drop forged hook is one solid piece with a M in a circle on it (Moore Drop Forging Co. in Massachusetts). The later ones are rolled steel and hollow. In 1928 Ford had a thing about drop forgings, such as the gas shut off handle, tail light bracket, running board brackets etc. Some of these items do not require the strength of a drop forging and were replaced by stampings later in the model run.
Hayslip