? Thread Bumping ?

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

? Thread Bumping ?

Post by Neil Wilson »

Does anyone have an explanation of what "Thread Bumping" is and how it is accomplished. I just want to know please. I have my thinking - but that does not mean much :(
Regards, Neil Wilson

Re: ? Thread Bumping ?

Post by Bills Auto Works »

Hi Neil,
Thread bumping is nothing more than posting on your already posted thread to bring it back up to the top, so it shows on the main page. Some people just say "BTT" (back to the top) . Some sites have a 3 day bump rule which means you cannot bump your ad for 3 days after you first place it.

The problem is when some people take advantage of it & feel they have to have their ad at the top at all times. Sometimes posting every day, every other day or even sometimes within 13 hours of their last post.

Personally my ads don't matter that much as I use them to fill in between my already booked trips. I always follow the 3 day bump rule regardless of whether or not it is a forum rule or not. I feel it is the considerate thing to do for everyone on the forum.
Bill Squires(owner)
Bill's Auto Works
Your Quality AA Ford Transporter
Bill's Auto Works Est. 1983 & still going strong!

56,57,64,66 Pont
66 Amb
67 Marlin
73 Nova
92 XJS Con
92 XJS
07 XLR-V
Stakebed
Body Type: Grainbox
Model Year: 1929

Post by Stakebed »

yup what he said
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Post by Neil Wilson »

Bills Auto Works wrote:Hi Neil,
Thread bumping is nothing more than posting on your already posted thread to bring it back up to the top, so it shows on the main page. Some people just say "BTT" (back to the top) . Some sites have a 3 day bump rule which means you cannot bump your ad for 3 days after you first place it.
Thanks Bill,
Okay, my guess was just as you indicate. For me, I only see a post when it first starts or when someone adds a subsequent post. So, I would never see an ad more than once if no thread-bumping was allowed. I guess someone could simply start a new post and copy in the original ad.

The way this forum works (and others), any new or subsequent post shows up flagged for me to see. Once I have looked at what is of interest, I mark the forum read.
Regards, Neil Wilson