AAparts

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
big deere
Body Type: dump
Model Year: 1929

AAparts

Post by big deere »

does any one know where I can get all the steel brackets for a 1930 AA ford so I can make a stock rack that goes around the the flat bed with pockets Thanks Bill morathbilly@bellsouth.net
Bob C
Body Type: Mail truck, Stake tr
Model Year: 1931

Re: AAparts

Post by Bob C »

Some of the information in this link may help. http://forums.aa-fords.com/viewtopic.ph ... rts#p31887

Bob
macswoods
Body Type: 82-A

Post by macswoods »

look up stake bed parts on conpuker ,I got mine on line. Mac.....
dhetch
Body Type: Stake Body
Model Year: 1928

Post by dhetch »

I bought an old Ford factory stake bed and got all the parts I needed and then some for $40. You might have to drill out some of the rivets they used to mount the boards but you can fill the rivet holes in the stakes and put your boards at the correct heights for your model year bed. I believe the newer you go, the stakes go down a gauge or two, but I believe they are the same style and shape as the vintage ones.
You should be aware that the Ford stakes are subject to stress cracking where they flare out so look to avoid that. Also as a suggestion, take your measurements from the bottom of your bottom board and go up and down from there. You will probably have to cut off the top and maybe also the bottom of the stakes. My 55 stakes had a longer flare at the bottom than my 28 bed would allow so a few minutes with a power hack saw and that problem went away.
If you can't find doner sides that you like, buy a cheap F350 to F750 with the factory bed and sides, and sell it without all the sides or make wood ones to sell the truck.
Good Luck,
Dave
Stakebed
Body Type: Grainbox

Post by Stakebed »

Sometime in the 50s the standard went from a narrower stake pocket width to a wider one by about 1/2". I have a set of moderns but don't fit my29 bed, I measured a set on a late 50/early 60 ford cabover truck and they were wider than aa's...