1928 ford AA truck

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
macswoods
Body Type: 82-A
Model Year: 1929

Re: 1928 ford AA truck

Post by macswoods »

Well mine was ONLY in my back yard 20 years until it was done. (well, they are never Done !) It is a good ol truck, enjoy it. Mac
davedd
Body Type: aa
Model Year: 1928

Post by davedd »

THIS TRUCK NEEDS TO GO (I NEED MY TRAILER) $1500.00 FIRM (OR MAY SCRAP OUT)
1wonton
Body Type: Express

Post by 1wonton »

I don't see where the truck is located, did I miss something?

ron
davedd

Post by davedd »

TRUCK IN MORGAN HILL 45 MIN FROM YOU
elfox
Body Type: 88-A

Post by elfox »

I'm not the seller. The seller is Dave, and he posted his contact info under the last picture on the previous page - kinda hard to see, but it said: "dave 408 722 2518 70 miles south of san Francisco."
Dave
Port Orchard, WA
Stakebed
Body Type: Grainbox

Post by Stakebed »

I cant remember if I asked if you had pics of it assembled to see the overall condition of the cab. I am mainly interested in the cab if others want to go in on it sorta deal.
davedd

Post by davedd »

no pictures of the truck together, packed on the trailer,for the price I feel its a real good deal, as I said need my trailer, will just sell for scrap . need my trailer first of feb, .
1crosscut

Post by 1crosscut »

Dave,

I realize that you want your trailer back. I think that taking a little bit of time to pull pieces off the trailer and taking better pictures may do the trick. Take pictures of the doors, cab panels, rear fenders etc... and post them. Your price is probably a good deal but better pictures will go a long ways to getting it sold. Hate to say it but parting it out may make you considerably more money than selling it as a whole. Don't haul it to the scrapper. You'll be throwing good money away.
------------
Dave
pinesdune
Model Year: 1930

Post by pinesdune »

Did you post it over on the Ford barn? If you were closer I'd come pick it up with bells on! Turlock swap meets on soon if you could drag it there and throw a sign on it.

Gears, grease, and glory
Stakebed

Post by Stakebed »

1crosscut wrote:Dave,

I realize that you want your trailer back. I think that taking a little bit of time to pull pieces off the trailer and taking better pictures may do the trick. Take pictures of the doors, cab panels, rear fenders etc... and post them. Your price is probably a good deal but better pictures will go a long ways to getting it sold. Hate to say it but parting it out may make you considerably more money than selling it as a whole. Don't haul it to the scrapper. You'll be throwing good money away.
Yea thats the thing, people want to see what they are getting. Granted the price is fair dont get me wrong and im a bit surprised it hasnt gone yet but theres a huge difference between a $500 cab and a $2500 cab...The frame and axles and such dont usually rust away or get bent easily so they are plentiful and everywhere. Its all the sheetmetal out there that gets mangled dented shot at or rusts away that has value. The spoked rims are worth something too.
davedd

Post by davedd »

yes, also a frame with all mounts for the long running boards and runningboards, ford script on back of cab, calif title, motor trans to much to list, and only $1500.00 the running boards alone are worth$$$,
1crosscut

Post by 1crosscut »

Dave we are trying really hard here to help you sell your truck. But you got to help yourself a little bit too. Your pictures show very little about the condition of your truck. Especially the sheet metal. As Stakebed states that is the main selling point of your truck. I think most didn't even realize that you have an engine and transmission to go with it until your latest post. Do you know if it has the high speed rear end? If it does that is something that you need to post. If it is a high speed (I suspect that it is with the "under drive" dual high transmission) that would be an added selling point especially if it is in good shape internally. But that would mean taking the time to open it up to take a look. Extra time and effort but valuable$$$ information.
I know that there are some AA'ers that are pretty close to you and it baffles me as to why they haven't beaten a path to your door to buy it from you. I know that I would have been knocking on your door a long time ago but unfortunately I'm 1,400 miles away.
1wonton you are only 45 minutes away???? Go take a look and buy this truck. If you can't restore it perhaps you could post better pictures and double you money. If necessary part it out. Other wise it might just go to the scrap yard and that does no one any good.
------------
Dave
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1930

Post by Chris Haynes »

You have a pm.
Stakebed

Post by Stakebed »

1crosscut wrote:Dave we are trying really hard here to help you sell your truck. But you got to help yourself a little bit too. Your pictures show very little about the condition of your truck. Especially the sheet metal. As Stakebed states that is the main selling point of your truck. I think most didn't even realize that you have an engine and transmission to go with it until your latest post. Do you know if it has the high speed rear end? If it does that is something that you need to post. If it is a high speed (I suspect that it is with the "under drive" dual high transmission) that would be an added selling point especially if it is in good shape internally. But that would mean taking the time to open it up to take a look. Extra time and effort but valuable$$$ information.
I know that there are some AA'ers that are pretty close to you and it baffles me as to why they haven't beaten a path to your door to buy it from you. I know that I would have been knocking on your door a long time ago but unfortunately I'm 1,400 miles away.
1wonton you are only 45 minutes away???? Go take a look and buy this truck. If you can't restore it perhaps you could post better pictures and double you money. If necessary part it out. Other wise it might just go to the scrap yard and that does no one any good.
Yea agreed, I am entirely too far away at 2,064 miles! There are probably parts I would buy off it in a heart beat if I could see them and pay the bucks to have to shipped...

Hopefully Chris Hayes has something in the works...
rustya1928
Body Type: 89

Post by rustya1928 »

Hi:
Just wondering if you have a 10" outside rear view mirror bracket with this truck? This is all I need to complete my truck. Thanks Charlie