Rear AA fender bracket

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
Stakebed
Body Type: Grainbox
Model Year: 1929

Rear AA fender bracket

Post by Stakebed »

Only got the one, great condition, no mounting bolts, has been blasted and painted with 1 coat of por-15. Really needs another coat or stripped off and sprayed with whatever you want.

It is design 2 of AA-16445

$120 shipped
Attachments
WP_20161114_07_30_11_Pro.jpg
WP_20161114_07_30_11_Pro.jpg (567.77 KiB) Viewed 7970 times
WP_20161114_07_30_01_Pro.jpg
WP_20161114_07_30_01_Pro.jpg (602.8 KiB) Viewed 7970 times
WP_20161114_07_29_40_Pro.jpg
WP_20161114_07_29_40_Pro.jpg (639.54 KiB) Viewed 7970 times
Stakebed

Re: Rear AA fender bracket

Post by Stakebed »

Still have it. $100 +S&H or free delivery to winter swap meet in Chicago land area in two weeks.
Bob F
Body Type: 82A Platform
Model Year: 1928

Post by Bob F »

Hi Stakebed, if you coming up to the swapmeet this Sunday in Roselle Il. bring your Rear AA fender bracket(s) with you if you haven't sold them. I have a space I'm sure we can sell them. By the way I saw the second drive video of your AA truck, very nice, you fixed that problem sweet.
Hope to see you soon Bob F
Stakebed

Post by Stakebed »

Sure will do, I wish it could find a home :| I'm lookin for a nice pair of original long splash aprons if you know of anyone. Haven't used repo sheet metal yet and don't plan to! I'm terrible with names to faces so I apologize if I've met you already...
birdacre
Body Type: AA express

Post by birdacre »

hey kevin here, i purchased long splash aprons from rootlieb. i had them made one gauge heavier than what they currently are making, 400 dollars include shipping to ct. they could not have fit better, matched up perfect to originals except all the holes, looked like swiss cheese. hope this helps if you do not locate any. kevin
Bob F

Post by Bob F »

Hi stakebed, bob f again, I met you at Ken's swap meet up in Woodstock Il last August you had just bought a nice pair of rear fender brackets-I was to late! I showed you and aaholic some stakes I'd just bought on ebay earlier that month. Well anyhow I'll have a space set up there so bring those parts if there better better than mine I'll buy them. Also if you could bring those upper rear fender brackets that fits in the 88a platform bed if you still them. I hope this refreshes your memory and hope to see you on Sunday
thanks Bob F.
Stakebed

Post by Stakebed »

Will do Bob - once I see you I will recognize you. I have the platform brackets and the one rear fender bracket. Looking for anything else AA related? I may have it...Ive got 2 sets of extremely rough rear fenders - one pair someone with better fab/welding skills than i might be able to Frankenstein end parts off regular model a fenders to make a half decent set. The other pair maybe best used as patch panels or someone with loads of time and skill to recreate.

And yes birdacre I remember you contacted rootleb and had them made in the correct thickness and said they fit like a glove. But Im not quite following you on the swiss cheese comment - are you saying the reproductions have swiss cheese holes or your originals did? Mine were Ok except where they mounted and where the running board attached... Ive got one that needs some help and the entire thing is banana bowed somehow...

One of these days I need to get a space at a swap meet and sell some of this stuff ive accumulated - i now see how you guys can stuff a barn full of A parts... :shock:
Bob F

Post by Bob F »

Do you have an extra pair of an (AA-5455-B front spring clip), the u-bolts that hold the 12 leaf front spring to the frame. If I think of anything else I'll post it. thx
Stakebed

Post by Stakebed »

I might... Got any measurements? I'm not sure if the one I'm thinking of that I have is a or aa. I have the 18 leaf font spring and its special u bolts on my truck.
Rustytruckkaa
Body Type: 89a

Post by Rustytruckkaa »

Hello I'm very interested in the AA fender bracket and would be happy to pay your price plus shipping and handling charges. I'm located in Northern California. Thanks for the consideration Charlie 707 391-5324
Bob F

Post by Bob F »

The dimention of an "A" ubolt on the inside measues 2-1/8" across and the inside length is 3-3/4", where the 28-29 "AA" ubolt measures 2-3/8 across on the inside ,now I'm not sure on the length for the 12 leaf spring but I think it's about 4-1/2" to 5 or 5-1/2". I think the little extra width of the ubolt on "AA" is due to the frame and front crossmember are thicker than that on an "A"chassis. I know that an "A" ubolt does not fit an "AA" chassis on the front crossmember. hope that helps Bob F