WTB: Pair of late '31 commercial headlights

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
HANK31AA
Body Type: 82-B
Model Year: 1931

WTB: Pair of late '31 commercial headlights

Post by HANK31AA »

Hello folks! Long-time lurker to this site, and finally decided to join the party. In the past year and a half since buying my first AA I've gotten much invaluable insight from this and other sites (such as fordbarn). I would like to thank everyone that contributes here, you've been most helpful to my learning curve!

So, right now I'm looking for a pair of correct late-'31 black commercial two-light headlights. Condition is important, of course, but my truck is a daily driver survivor not a future Show piece. I'm more interested in them being structurally sound, and the reflectors kinda decent. Bonus points for Ford script on the buckets, etc. Will consider older chrome or stainless that I can paint.

Yes, I know eBay has 'em. Yes, I know I can buy new. Just wondering if any Members here are willing to part with theirs (my version of "buying local" - ha!).

Thanks again!
Stakebed
Body Type: Grainbox
Model Year: 1929

Re: WTB: Pair of late '31 commercial headlights

Post by Stakebed »

Hello I assume Hank! Welcome to the nuthouse :D Im sure someone out there has a set of old headlights hangin around.The reflector part is going to be very hard to find in useable condition, if you decide to buy new ONLY buy the brattons made reflectors - they are the correct shape and will give optimal light output.
HANK31AA

Post by HANK31AA »

Thanks Stakebed! Actually, my name is Russ - "Hank" is my AA (rhymes with "Tank"). LOL!

I will be sure to check out Bratton's, come reflectors decision time. I'm still learning/finding out which suppliers are good for which parts. That place out in Colorado seems to be the most consistently praised in forums, and their customer service is awesome. Brattons, Mac, and Snyders all seem to have great/lousy parts, depending on what you need, eh?

Looking forward to being a Southern Pecan here in the nuthouse!
1crosscut
Body Type: 82-A

Post by 1crosscut »

Hi Russ and welcome to the forum. How far along are you in your restoration of your truck?
In my opinion you can not go wrong getting your parts from Bert's or Snyders.
------------
Dave
HANK31AA

Post by HANK31AA »

Thanks for the info 1crosscut. The restoration is going quite well. Pic attached (I think).
HANK31AA

Post by HANK31AA »

Try again...
1crosscut
Body Type: 82-A

Post by 1crosscut »

You will have to reduce the size of your pictures to post them on here. Open one up for editing and size it to Web Large or 680 x 480. Then it will post okay.
------------
Dave