AA 1930 side and end boards for sale

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
John Losch
Body Type: 82b stake bed
Model Year: 1930

AA 1930 side and end boards for sale

Post by John Losch »

Model AA Side Boards For Sale

I have for sale six sideboards, and two rear end boards for a 1930 AA flat bed truck. I do not have the front boards adjacent to the cab. The truck was totaled in 2014 after being taken to a restoration shop following a major collision. The restorer wanted the two boards next to the cab, but left the rest with me.

The bed was made for Ford by the Midland Steel Body Co. Ford did not make their own beds, with the embossed Ford logo until 1932. There are six side boards; three for each side, 24” on center for the posts, and two rear boards 27 “ on center.

The six side boards have wood posts fitted into the bed frame holes. The two rear boards have steel posts. All the boards are 42” high. They are clear varnished, with the posts painted black, and in pretty good shape. There is some slight discoloration in spots because the truck was stored outside for several months after the accident. In addition there are two unvarnished rear boards 9 and 1/2 “ high with wood posts which I used because the high boards blocked the inside rear-view mirror.

These boards are available in Holliston, MA 01746 for $200. That is a lot less money than the cost to make a duplicate set. No shipping; buyer arranges packing, pick up, and pays shipping fees.

I can send pictures of the boards on the truck to anyone interested. Email me at johnlosch32@gmail.com .
1wonton
Body Type: Express
Model Year: 1929

Re: AA 1930 side and end boards for sale

Post by 1wonton »

Weren't the original stakes all steel?
KimVanOrder
Body Type: 82-A Platform
Model Year: 1928

Post by KimVanOrder »

1wonton wrote:
August 26th, 2017, 12:33 pm
Weren't the original stakes all steel?
yup!
KVO
Dec. '28 AA
John Losch
Body Type: 82b stake bed
Model Year: 1930

Post by John Losch »

Yes, the original side and end boards had steel posts. The boards I am selling are replacements that were on the truck when I acquired it. If the set I am selling were original, or had all steel posts I would not be selling the parts for $200.