Bulk sale AA restoration parts and projects

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
user1931
Body Type: service truck
Model Year: 1931

Bulk sale AA restoration parts and projects

Post by user1931 »

Helping friend sell late husbands AA parts and projects. Our first choice would be a bulk sale rather than parting out pieces. The main project is a 1931 dually service tow truck. This was being restored as a points truck. The cab, doors, fuel tank and hood are ready for paint. the Front fenders, running boards splash aprons are finished show quality, Rear double wide fenders and service bed still need bodywork. Steering, headlights, Dash, speedometer, radiator, bumpers, brackets, carburetor, distributor, engine, transmission, and brakes all restored and ready to assemble. 8 rims trued and painted, 131 1/2" Frame, front end, rear end, all brackets and hardware powder coated and ready to assemble. all nuts, bolts and misc. hardware is plated and ready to go. New wiring harness, seats, gaskets etc... there are 2 unrestored cranes.
Also have white show quality postal cab (75A ?)_ with hood front fenders, running boards, splash aprons, radiator, bumpers, steering, headlights etc...There is another Red open cab with hood and fenders. There are 2 additional closed cabs,1 rough, 1 in primer, a 157 1/2" frame, multiple transmissions, and restored chassis hardware galore. there are way to many parts to list. most parts are wrapped up in crates for storage. This sale may include a running 1930 stake bed truck with older restoration.
these parts are located in southern California. We do not have a price yet as we are still discovering more parts every day, (we are currently estimating 30-50K) This is a work in progress listing and will start to post pictures in the upcoming weeks.
Also looking for any local assistance in the 91711 area to help identify parts and value.
Thank you for looking,
User1931
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1930

Re: Bulk sale AA restoration parts and projects

Post by Chris Haynes »

Pictures???
wild4679
Body Type: 82B

Post by wild4679 »

In that collection of transmissions, is there a Warford overdrive?
user1931
Body Type: service truck

Post by user1931 »

Chris,
I apologize for being a little pre mature with this post that has no pictures. I have spent the past 8 weeks filtering out the model A parts from this 40 year collection. we are discovering parts as we go as well as discovering parts that are still at the body shop and other locations. I am now concentrating on the AA stuff. a picture of boxes will do you no good so I will be opening boxes and laying out parts for pictures over the next 2 weeks. Please bear with me, These are not my parts and I am volunteering my time to help out.

Wild4679,
I have limited knowledge of model A parts and even less of AA parts. I do know there are a few "Stacked" or back to back transmissions in the unrestored pile, I believe they are Warford, if you can send me a picture or something to identify them I can let you know.
I do not know if there are any restored ones yet but hope to know soon..
Stakebed
Body Type: Grainbox
Model Year: 1929

Post by Stakebed »

ive got a list of things i need as well.

I completely understand wanting to sell it all in one big lump but if your guessing 30-50K+ your gonna need a VERY special wealthy buyer with the same amount of EMPTY warehouse space and time/effort/want to fine point restore a tow truck....
rikz
Body Type: stake side,and dump

Post by rikz »

any up dates on sale or prices
wyld bill
Body Type: stake
Model Year: 1930

Post by wyld bill »

If you start selling parts, I need a 1930 AA Front axle in reasonable condition.
Thank you
Bill
rustya1928
Body Type: 89
Model Year: 1928

Post by rustya1928 »

Hi:
I know you are busy sorting everything out, but was hoping you might keep an eye out for a 28-29 10-3/8" cast outside rear view mirror bracket. This bolted to the drivers door post between the top and middle hinge. I know the truck you are selling as I had seen it many times at the original owners location. Great project. Please let me know if you run across this mirror arm.
Thanks much,Charlie
1crosscut
Body Type: 82-A

Post by 1crosscut »

Original poster has not been on this site since October 2017.
------------
Dave