AA spring perches WTB

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
KARS35
Body Type: Closed cab
Model Year: 1929

AA spring perches WTB

Post by KARS35 »

I am restoring a 29 truck and need good spring perches. Everything is rebuilt, brakes ect on the front end. Do I try to rebuild what I have, or are they out there . Ty Johnny.
Stakebed
Body Type: Grainbox

Re: AA spring perches WTB

Post by Stakebed »

Well what i did was braze the bushing to the worn out perch, ream round again and it will be good for many many years as long as you keep grease in it like its designed. As they were they were worn and junk as the shackle wore thru to the casting - might as well prolong them another lifetime.
elfox
Body Type: 88-A

Post by elfox »

The '29 spring perches are as rare and hens' teeth. Just my $.02, but if yours can be rebuilt, I'd rebuild them. My '29 came with the correct spring perches on it, and I destroyed them trying to get them out. I twisted one off, and cut the second and threw them away before I did any research into how hard they are to obtain. If I had known then what I know now, I probably would have sacrificed the front axle to get them out if I had to.
Dave
Port Orchard, WA
KARS35
Body Type: Closed cab

Post by KARS35 »

Well before I knew they couldn't be bought new, I passed them out too hard, with heat. The cotterror key holes are squished. I guess I can machine them down, and buy 2 price dies so I can start where the threads are good, and back thread it. Just thought I'd try. I am a machinist at; http://www.kohnkerebabbittingservice.com/
bud valerius
Model Year: 1930

Post by bud valerius »

I have 28/29 AA spring perches for sale email me for photos and price (economyelectric@hotmail.com) Bud
Valerius cell # 785 556 1763