Express Bed hold down strap bolts

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
rustya1928
Body Type: 89
Model Year: 1928

Express Bed hold down strap bolts

Post by rustya1928 »

Bolt Specifications-q8.jpg
Bolt Specifications-q8.jpg (151.69 KiB) Viewed 4845 times
I am looking to make a run of the special bolts that are used on the 28-31 AA Express truck s. These bolts hold the bed mounting straps to the bed and run through the long wood bed runners. It takes 12 per truck for a short WB and 16 for the long WB . This may be a one time run depending on how many orders we get. They would be ready around the end of Jan. 2019. Cost will be $264.00 for a set of 12 bolts,( no nuts at this time), shipping extra. These bolts used a special hex nut and I am still looking for a supplier for these.
If anyone is interested please let me know as soon as possible. I am mainly doing this because I need a set for my truck and thought there might be others out there that need these also.
Thanks Charlie
Last edited by rustya1928 on December 12th, 2018, 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flatford39
Body Type: Express

Re: Express Bed hold down strap bolts

Post by flatford39 »

Can you post a picture of exactly what you are fabricating please. I may be interested.
rustya1928

Post by rustya1928 »

Hi:
I have never had any luck putting photos on this site.Please send me an e-mail to:
rustya1931@hotmial.com The picture of this bolt is in the Express section under bed hardware. Neil Wilson use to have them made then stopped. These will be made to the exact dimension as layed out by Neil. Any questions feel free to call me at 530-647-2900. Just to let you know this will be a limited run for now, we will see how it goes as to another run of bolts.
Thanks Charlie
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1930

Post by Chris Haynes »

Open a FREE account at www.photobucket.com
Upload your picture there. After it is uploaded copy the IMG number of your picture.
Paste the IMG number here. Wallah! You have a picture. No resizing necessary.

Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Post by Neil Wilson »

rustya1928 wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 6:12 pm
Hi:
I have never had any luck putting photos on this site.Please send me an e-mail to:
rustya1931@hotmial.com The picture of this bolt is in the Express section under bed hardware. Neil Wilson use to have them made then stopped. These will be made to the exact dimension as layed out by Neil. Any questions feel free to call me at 530-647-2900. Just to let you know this will be a limited run for now, we will see how it goes as to another run of bolts.
Thanks Charlie
Charlie, Please provide the URL of the picture and dimensions you reference above. Note that my AAFords.com website does not have a photo or detailed dimensions of the floor tie straps to side sill bolt. So, it is unclear what you are planning to have machined?

At http://aafords.com/open-bodies/express- ... ls/#ihftsg there is a gallery showing the floor tie straps with bolts installed. Also, at http://aafords.com/open-bodies/express- ... #pl-89a-ih there is a parts listing for the installation hardware which includes the basic bolt size as "1/2-13 x 3-3/8 (3/8 x 3/4) shouldered hex head bolt". This does not provide exact detailed dimensions for reproduction purposes.

As I recall, when I had bolts machined in 2012 I sent a sample of an original bolt to be duplicated. Hopefully you will be using an original bolt for your project.

You are welcome to email me the pictures you want to post. I will look at them to see what the problem is in posting them. Photos can be uploaded directly from your computer. There really should be no need to complicate photo uploads by using photobucket.
Regards, Neil Wilson

Post by rustya1928 »

Neil:
The picture I have is the one you sent me 3 months ago. The dimensions are the same as you posted. I have been assuming that that is the correct bolt? I have 2 originals that are are worn, but we are using them currently for the mock up of the bed. Was this picture you sent me correct?
Please let me know before I proceed. These are turning out to be expensive bolts to make.
Charlie
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Post by Neil Wilson »

rustya1928 wrote:
December 6th, 2018, 8:34 am
Neil:
The picture I have is the one you sent me 3 months ago. The dimensions are the same as you posted. I have been assuming that that is the correct bolt? I have 2 originals that are are worn, but we are using them currently for the mock up of the bed. Was this picture you sent me correct?
Please let me know before I proceed. These are turning out to be expensive bolts to make.
Charlie
Charlie, I don't remember what happened yesterday let alone three months ago. Email me the picture at neil@aafords.com.
Regards, Neil Wilson