Wanted: King Pin Set for 1930 AA

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
Post hole digger
Body Type: Utility
Model Year: 1930

Wanted: King Pin Set for 1930 AA

Post by Post hole digger »

While doing brakes on my 1930 AA, discovered a loose king pin. Need a king pin set with pins, bushings and bearings.

They are the large AA pins, 1.004" diameter, pin below actuator drum is app 6" in length

Thank you,
Bill
Last edited by Post hole digger on December 5th, 2019, 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post hole digger

Re: Wanted: King Pin Set for 1930 AA

T Hank you AA Ford Forums! Thanks to Don and Brian, I was able to put a set together from three different sources. Much appreciated!
BERLIN FORD AA
Body Type: Short Bed
Model Year: 1931

Post by BERLIN FORD AA »

Just read this successful sourcing of Large Diameter King Pins. Could someone give me a quick lesson on when the AA King Pins switched over from .812 diameter pins to 1.00" diameter pins and associated bushings. Also looking for a source for the larger diameter thrust bearings and bushings. I have four good king pins but need the bearings and possibly the bushings.
Post hole digger

I think 1930 was the switch, the one ton earlier AA used the smaller diameter pins, also used smaller wheel bearings. I had quite a bit of trouble getting the correct wheel bearings.

I was able to get the large bushings from Snyders, but have noticed a lot of their AA merchandise is not available. Using BB numbers helped me get new spindle bearings and the correct outer wheel bearings and races. I sourced through Kaman Bearings, they were really helpful at their shop in Eugene Oregon, they are a major outfit.

Hope this helps!