29-29 worm drive rear end

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
rustya1928
Body Type: 89
Model Year: 1928

29-29 worm drive rear end

Post by rustya1928 »

I am overhauling the hi speed rear end in my 28 express. I split the cases and all the gears and bearings look real good. I believe the truck had very low mileage on it. I do have one small concern, when standing behind the rear end,( looking toward the transmission), if you look at ea. tooth of the bronze gear on the inside of each tooth in the upper right corner there looks to be a small pitted spot on each tooth. They all look alike and I was wondering if this will cause any problems? It is only on one side, other wise the gear looks great. Needs a good cleaning. I really don't want to have to fine new gears, anyone have any thought's?
Thanks,
Charlie
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Re: 29-29 worm drive rear end

Post by Neil Wilson »

rustya1928 wrote:
August 15th, 2021, 8:48 am
I am overhauling the hi speed rear end in my 28 express. I split the cases and all the gears and bearings look real good. I believe the truck had very low mileage on it. I do have one small concern, when standing behind the rear end,( looking toward the transmission), if you look at ea. tooth of the bronze gear on the inside of each tooth in the upper right corner there looks to be a small pitted spot on each tooth. They all look alike and I was wondering if this will cause any problems? It is only on one side, other wise the gear looks great. Needs a good cleaning. I really don't want to have to fine new gears, anyone have any thought's?
Thanks,
Charlie
Without any pictures, guessing is all one can do!

FYI - the bronze gear can be reversed when reinstalling it.

I assume this should have been posted in the discussions (not for sale).
Regards, Neil Wilson