FS: WEAVER AUTO CRANE - Complete Two Ton - Wrecker Tow Truck

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
Ramblin Randy
Model Year: 1928

FS: WEAVER AUTO CRANE - Complete Two Ton - Wrecker Tow Truck

Post by Ramblin Randy »

( SOLD ) Located near Hagerstown Maryland. This Weaver crane came with the truck I bought last week and maybe you can make use of it as I have no need. I do very much need to buy some replacement rims for my new ride ASAP and would like to sell this crane promptly and gladly will listen to offers. Here's the good and the bad...

Good: Comes with the original Weaver snatch block and Weaver crank handle. My research shows multiple collectors are searching right now for the very hard to find snatch block. I was really surprised when I opened the truck door and there lay the snatch block, crank handle and even the hook... wow..! Both the original round metal adjust/support rods are included ( one is straight and the other has a slight bend ). Has both Weaver 2 Ton name plates. I've looked it over and I don't see any cracks in the gears nor missing teeth. Comes with the original A-Arm Boom, for many units I've seen are missing the boom.

Not so Good: This crane should only be used for display due to weathering. The photos show the weathering up close, but from a distance it appears as a normal antique tow truck. One of the Weaver name plates is cracked/damaged. I have not attempted to move the gearing as they seem to be frozen, I'm told the bearings are basic if one had to replace them, again this is untested and may just need Pb Blaster. The top main pulley on the boom has a small chuck of metal the size of a quarter missing on the axis housing, very hard to see.

As a bonus this old boom / truck combo was the official tow truck for the Greater Johnstown Raceway back in the day. The truck pictured is not for sale. In my research I'm hearing you'll grow old searching for all these rare parts separately so make a offer... someone's going to own this come the end of the day Sunday. Not sure what to ask so I'll go with $1200. Easy to put on a pallet and drop off at the local Fastenel shipping service
Attachments
8 gear box.jpg
5 Weaver Plate Cracked.jpg
4 Weaver Plate Good.jpg
2 Snatchblock.jpg
1 rear crane.jpg
Last edited by Ramblin Randy on January 16th, 2023, 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ramblin Randy
Model Year: 1928

Re: FS: WEAVER AUTO CRANE - Complete Two Ton - Wrecker Tow Truck

Post by Ramblin Randy »

UPDATE: A buddy just told me he has a old crane he wants to part with… photos to come Sunday night. My Weaver crane listed in this ad just SOLD to a fellow who is jumping for joy happy with his new toy.

Do you need a reproduction crank for your Weaver Auto Crane..? Long time Hershey vendor ( 19 spaces of prewar parts ) Mr. Vin Cassisdy of Massachusetts has just contracted the mold and manufacture of the handles. Send Vin a email Vincentcassidy1 @ gmail.com ( remove the empty spaces ) today to pre-order a handle and he will fill you in on prices. I’m helping Vin get the word out and this will be the only post I will be making… I will not be returning to answer replies… I have projects of my own that need my full attention LOL. At this time the price will depend on how many pre-orders show up. Happy motoring…!

- Ramblin Randy
Attachments
0 Vins Mold.jpg