parting out 28 - 29 frame, rear axle, optional Ford dual high

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
mark wolf
Body Type: 2 ton
Model Year: 1930

parting out 28 - 29 frame, rear axle, optional Ford dual high

Post by mark wolf »

parting out 28 - 29 AA Truck frame, rear axle, optional Ford dual high (gear box right behind the transmission)
Im in Nixa Mo, 30 min from Branson if your interested in Parts availability please let me know
Mark Wolf
417-861-9824
Trying to figure out how to add a picture (I have a Mac)
jmcpherson
Body Type: chassis
Model Year: 1928

Re: parting out 28 - 29 frame, rear axle, optional Ford dual high

Post by jmcpherson »

Can yoiu be more specific about the 28-29 AA frame you have, which one is it, or what timeframe was it used? Do you have a 1928 AA solid engine mount front crossmember (similar to what the A cars had)? What type rear motor mounts do you have? THANKS Jim
mark wolf

Post by mark wolf »

Jim, I was told it looks like a 28 Frame, Took it all apart and Just figured out it has the high speed gears and the "B" marking on the back of the hub. it has a dual High gear box. It was found on a farm in southwest Missouri, the kid traded me an old Murry 4 door body for the frame, motor missing. really no rims, outer parts of the bud rims are gone.
Im in the process of cleaning everything up and will start listing on E Bay unless someone from this forum needs some of the parts. I can send you pictures if you call me or e mail me.
1. Left and right axle housings
2. worm gear and ring gear High Speed gears
3. 2 Axles
4. Dual High Speed
5. Frame
6. Drive line axle and Torque Tube
7. Rear Drum and worm gear Bearings (Original spiral ford Script Bearings)
8. Right and Left Front Hubs, backer plates and Spindles
9. Steering column (From the gear box to the Steering wheel)
10. 1 rear brake drum and one set of rear brake shoes good thickness on the liners
11. Universal Joint and frame connection plate with the teeth for the dual High Speed . This dual High Speed didnt have the "U"shaped step shifter
but a stubby hand shifter that was in front of the seat.
12. Cast Iron front fender mount struts
13. Passenger side bumper to frame strut/mount bracket
14. left and right stabelizer struts (From front of torque tube to left and right side of rear Axle)
15. Left and right Yokes with Bolts and rear Springs

Front plate where the motor sits has welds on it and will need a new washer welded in where the motor mount sits
I check the forum about once a week, faster response and pictures please call or E-mail

Mark Wolf
417-861-9824
markchriswolf@gmail.com
jmcpherson
Body Type: chassis
Model Year: 1928

Post by jmcpherson »

Mark,
THANKS for the reply. It sounds like your AA chassis is later than I am looking for. I have a 1928 with wire wheels. Just in case, I am looking for the solid front motor mount similar the what was used on the cars, the rear motor mounts, front shock arms, the torque tube with the car style speedometer drive assembly, and more, and a few parts which are the same as the cxar, a fan shroud, powerhouse generator bracket attachment on the timing cover, and many more 1928 parts which fit the car (just in case you may have or know of any).

Best Regards,

Jim
mark wolf

Post by mark wolf »

Jim, E mail me and I will send you some pictures
Front end stuff looks similar , however on AA trucks Ive found you need to see measurements, there are some subtle differences. I do have some car drive train stuff
good Springs without warbled out shackle holes etc Id rather a restorer get em rather than a rat rodder to preserve the legacy
markchriswolf@gmail.com
417-861-9824
mark wolf

Post by mark wolf »

I think i have the Torque Tube your looking for, I havent gotten to clean it up yet, still has the spedo assembly like the car has and the front bearing in it, I dont know what shape their in yet.

I do have one good worm gear bearing and race ( the other one has some pitting on the race and bearing, wouldnt use em) and the bal bearing bearing I have is good, brass lock nut , larger metal flat nut and washer that sits just behind the worm gear - and the 4 bolt back plate.
Im cleaning up the differential, one side is done, bearing race on both sides are great, inner races look new, very clean, Spider gears look great, inner bearings look new.