gotta sell...

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
Mr. Pickett
Model Year: 1930

gotta sell...

Post by Mr. Pickett »

Hey, It's been a couple of years since I posted here. I have a VERY original '29 AA that I've decided to sell. First off, I took some great parts to a couple that sell stuff on ebay for a percentage. Sometime next week they should start putting my stuff on.... 4 nos cad plated hubcaps for AA, also what almost has to be a nos 29 tooth ring gear for an AA. Also a 29 tooth ring gear from a TT? a bit narrower. and also a 31(32?) tooth narrow one. all of them appear to be nos. OK now about the truck. I havent decided how to sell it. If I do craigslist, I guess other people in the country other than Seattle can see it, huh? I could post an add here, but this wouldn't attract a huge amount of potential buyers... I also want to know what it's worth. It is a really good one.
29 single rear wheel, short running boards. Came from Elko , Nevada and was bought new by Puccinelli Grocery there. Used as a grocery delivery truck until bought by a Seattle collector in the 70's. Original bed, bed wood, stake sides. Not a rust pit anywhere. Sheet metal has some dents from use, but ZERO rust. Has some cool period accessories like a brake light that says 'stop' when applied. New roof material. Rebuilt engine with 1600 miles. oh yeah, has counterbalanced crank and adj. lifters too. New tires on stock rims that were blasted and look brand new. seat reupolstered. Looks as if every nut and bolt has been removed and the whole truck was restored. the best part is it doesn't look over restored. This is a museum piece, but was built to use. Did I mention it has the high speed worm drive rear end? I have driven this truck at 45 with confidence. What's not to like? There are some extra 1/4" holes drilled in the stakes for additional boards that I removed. I disconnected the horn cuz it draws down the battery, and the original bed strips were welded to the rear crossmember of the bed. (easy fix). I have lots of photos I can send. I took some yesterday but the truck is dirty from being 2 years in my shed without using it. Gotta say it looks good with the old 'barn patina'. I might wash it before I put it up for sale.. Value? (I'm tied to slumping construction industry, so I need the most I can get from my beloved AA), but would love to see it go to a new home. I can deliver on my 12000 lb equipment trailer. A road trip would be fun.....
Attachments
IMG_7767.jpg
IMG_7767.jpg (63.72 KiB) Viewed 8032 times
puccinelli.jpg
puccinelli.jpg (51.25 KiB) Viewed 8027 times
AA doors open.jpg
AA doors open.jpg (61.14 KiB) Viewed 8020 times
Mr. Pickett

Re: gotta sell...

Post by Mr. Pickett »

I see it's already an add. In that case I will put in my phone number.. Gary 360 376 2449, or 360 317 8051 cell. I have a huge pickup load of spare parts for this AA including a completely restored rear end, lots of small stufff, a completely rebuilt and painted 4 spd tranny.. on and on. not sure if I should sell with truck or separate. . Come here and see it all, and make an offer. thanks
Mr. Pickett

Post by Mr. Pickett »

I have done some research and think I will list this for 10,500.00 with the extra parts. I think the fact that even the wood is original makes this worth at least as much as a normally restored truck. Thank you . I would welcome any comments from the peanut gallery, such as 'you are nuts, you'll never get that much',,, or 'wash the dang thing and post some better photos' or 'i'll take it'.
REM

Post by REM »

Your truck looks nice.
I much prefer one like it to a restored one.
As far as price I don't know which would bring more. Just depends on the buyer. Seems these old truck struggle to bring what they should be worth compared to an A but that really does not reflect their value, only their popularity. Most prefer the smaller A's so the market is for them has more activity. Hang in there.
There is a buyer out there looking for what you have I'm sure.
Sorry you are forced to sell. I hope things start looking up soon.
Richard
AATRUCKMAN

Post by AATRUCKMAN »

MR. PICKETT,

HI, JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW I THINK YOUR TRUCK IS CUTE AS H**L. I SAW YOU WERE ASKING HOW MUCH TO ASK FOR IT. LET ME GIVE YOU MY SCOOP. I HAVE/ HAD A 1929 AA . I WAS CURIOUS AS TO WHAT IT WOULD SELL FOR. FOR FUN I PUT IT ON E-BAY TO SEE WHAT IT WOULD DO. I LOVED MY TRUCK, BUT LIKE YOURSELF I WAS IN THE BUILDING SLUMP AS WELL. MY SON WAS GOING TO COLLEGE SO THE CHOICE SEEMED UNAVOIDABLE. I THOUGHT IT WAS WORTH $15,000 OR BETTER, BUT, IN THESE TIMES I WAS DOUBTFUL. ON E-BAY THEY WERE BRINGING AROUND $9500- $39,000. I SOLD MINE FOR $15,000.00 . IT ALL COMES DOWN TO THE RIGHT PERSON BEING ON LINE AT THE RIGHT TIME. YOU LAY YOUR BETS AND YOU TAKE YOUR CHANCES. I WOULD SUGGEST THAT YOU START THE BIDDING AT WHAT YOU ARE REALLY WILLING TO TAKE FOR YOUR AA, BE TOTALLY HONEST IN YOUR DESCRIPTION AND TAKE MANY GOOD , CLEAR PHOTOS. PEOPLE HATE IT WHEN THEY CAN'T SEE WHAT THEY ARE TRYING TO BUY. THEN SIT BACK AND WATCH THEM PLAY. IF IT DOESN'T SELL, YOU ARE ONLY OUT THE LISTING FEES. I'M AATRUCKMAN IN THIS FORUM AND IF YOU GO TO MY POST ABOUT WANTING PICTURES, YOU WILL SEE A PICTURE OF MY LIVESTOCK BED TRUCK WITH ALL OF IT'S ORIGINAL AND RESTORED PARTS.
HAVE A BLESSED DAY AND GOOD LUCK...GARRY AKA: AATRUCKMAN
Mr. Pickett

Post by Mr. Pickett »

Haven't actively listed it over the summer. A friend is gonna put it on ebay for me maybe later this week. It doesn't have shine, but it is very nice mechanically, and I can't stress enough how rust free this thing is. I found a pto in a box that will go with the rest of the stuff. There is a huge pile of nice parts.... Gary
Mr. Pickett

Post by Mr. Pickett »

I still have this truck.... I just had a big job postponed so think I'll try 6500. (I have sold some of the extra parts) and see how it goes. After that, it's ebay for sure. Thanks, Gary 360 376 2449 or 360 317 8051
Mr. Pickett

Post by Mr. Pickett »

OK, so it's on Ebay now.
Mr. Pickett

Post by Mr. Pickett »

Sold on craigslist to a man from British Columbia. He's a heavy truck mechanic and the AA will be kept in his heated shop. I had no bids on ebay the first time. Minimum bid was 5000. with a reserve on 6500.00. I got the 6500.00 from the craigslist buyer. He got a very nice rust free truck. Thanks, Gary