New guy needs direction and advice!

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
Lugnuts
Model Year: 1930

New guy needs direction and advice!

Post by Lugnuts »

Newbie here from Salinas, CA!

I have a early 1930 AA 131" which was cut and bobbed to accept a extention kit.

After removing the extention, I realized this and then came upon a 32 BB truck short wheelbase. Which I aquired.

Then stumbled across a rebuilt 4 cyl "c" 32 motor and what look to be altered express sides.

So here's the deal... How are 30 and 32 Bud wheels different and how to tell. I hope to make one out of 2 projects. Who can educate me on 32 express and how they are put together?

I have removed the wheels, and plan to strip and repaint.
Tires, as you can imagine are shot.

Is Coker the best avenue or do you have ideas other than spending $1,200.00 on new tires, liners and tubes?

Really need to pull upon your knowledge and experience!

Thank you in advance!

Dennis
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Re: New guy needs direction and advice!

Post by Chris Haynes »

The rims are dated. Youwill find the date when you clean them. I believe all the snap rings are the same. (although once I had one with a full circular snap ring. Don't know what that came from)

Here is a way to save a few bucks, on your tires. Buy them direct from Coker in TN. But ask to pick them up from a CA distrubutor. Coker won't charge ya sales tax and by picking them up at a local dealer ya won't pay the freight.
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Re: New guy needs direction and advice!

Post by Neil Wilson »

Hello Dennis,
The 1930 and early 1931 wheels do not have the reinforcement stamped into the face of the hub (around the lug bolt holes). The Model A Judging Standards has a good description of the wheel changes for ‘30/’31. A description of the wheel flange (lock ring) is also provided.

The 1932 Express body is the same as the 1931 Express body except for the mounting bolt locations. The April 2005 newsletter of the Ford Model AA Truck Club. Attached is a Ford archive photograph of a '32 Express truck.
Attachments
x32 BB 131 Express.jpg
x32 BB 131 Express.jpg (80.75 KiB) Viewed 3002 times
Regards, Neil Wilson