My first encounter with my AA

Discussion forum for AA related activities, weekend outings, AA stories etc.
Roadster AA
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1928

My first encounter with my AA

Post by Roadster AA »

I started about 5 years ago with two 1928-1929 front fenders and I happened to gind a Roadser body and a pickup bed. So after three years I had a Rodster Pickup that I was driving in parades. Well I found a model AA truck frame and lots of parts, so now I wanted to build an AA truck. I put the frame in my shop. The first thing I was going to do was take off the front wheels so I could take off the front end and work on that. I just got a new set of 3/4 inch drive sockets. So here I go! First I am going to take off the wheel on the drivers side. I get my new socket which fit real good on the nut, and then I tried to loosen it. It would not move. It was a hot day so I had a cold beer, cooled off a little, and I tried again with liquid wrench and my new ratchet. Still I could not move the nut, or any of them. Now having worked up a sweat, I had another beer. Good, feel better...now I am more determined than ever to get the nuts off now so I got me a 3 foot pipe and used the strong arm. I stood on the pipe, held on to the steering wheel and with my legs, kinda jumped up and down on the pipe. YES! The nuts moved just a little. "Good" I said, "now they will come loose". Now HOT, cold beer. Now I am going to get the nuts off if it is the last thing I do! Feeling even more brave, with all my wieght, and lots of moving, balancing on the 3 foot pipe, jumping up and down, holding onto the steering wheel. I could not get the nuts to move at all!!!! Laural and Hardy would be proud of me. I give up for the night. The AA beat me this time, but I will try again tomorrow. I went to bed, read my AA book on the front end and wheels. WHAT!!!!!! LEFT HAND THREADS??!!!

Now you know the rest of the story!

Pat
1930AA
Model Year: 1930

Re: My first encounter with my AA

Post by 1930AA »

Great story. :lol:
Kyle
REM
Model Year: 1930

Post by REM »

It's a good thing Henry used good steel.
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed
Model Year: 1931

Post by spectria »

Roadster AA wrote:...Now HOT, cold beer. Now I am going to get the nuts off if it is the last thing I do! Feeling even more brave, with all my wieght, and lots of moving, balancing on the 3 foot pipe, jumping up and down, holding onto the steering wheel. I could not get the nuts to move at all!!!! Laural and Hardy would be proud of me. I give up for the night. The AA beat me this time, but I will try again tomorrow. I went to bed, read my AA book on the front end and wheels. WHAT!!!!!! LEFT HAND THREADS??!!!

Now you know the rest of the story!

Pat
But the Beer helped, No?
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org
Shorthaul
Body Type: 186 stake
Model Year: 1931

Post by Shorthaul »

Left hand threads on left side -----Right on right side ------looking forward from cab