Pics of the latest one to follow me home.

Discussion forum for AA related activities, weekend outings, AA stories etc.
modeleh
Model Year: 1930

Pics of the latest one to follow me home.

Post by modeleh »

This is a late 31 157 stake that I just couldn't live without. It has a knock in the engine, but I thought you couldn't go wrong. It had 6.50x20s on the front that rubbed on the brake rods, but I had a good pair of 6.00x20s I threw on. Has a Brumfield head and supposedly high speed rear end, but I won't try it on the road until I get the knock sorted out. Also came with a box with some spare parts including an original Winfield aluminum updraft intake. At least it's closer to the dream than my BB and my other AA. I have decided to give up on the BB, but not before I kept the B engine from it, which may go in this truck if need be.

This is a '30 Dlx Roadster my grandpa restored in 1966. My hound Henry will finally get a ride in a Model A now that I have the stake truck, he's too clumsy to get in the rumble seat...
Last edited by modeleh on March 29th, 2012, 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rollingsculpture
Body Type: platform
Model Year: 1931

Re: Pics of the latest one to follow me home.

Post by rollingsculpture »

nice find and a really enviable line up there!! dont know how you got it for 3500 youve got SOME connections and a good heap of luck!!!
TomH
Body Type: pickup
Model Year: 1928

Post by TomH »

Modeleh, Looks like you got yourself quite a good deal on a very nice truck. From what I have been told the B engine would be a good replacement, cause it has a heaver crankshaft. Also the automatic advance distributor seems to be a improvement. It would be cool to see the truck pulling a trailer with the roadster on it. Could you post some photos of the interior, also I would like to see any pictures of your B. I haven't been able to find much on the model B truck, and can use all the help I can get. What is on the radiator cap? Are those turn signals on the fenders?
Congratulations.
TH
Need rear fenders and running boards for 1932 131" single wheel Express Body
modeleh

Post by modeleh »

The truck looks better in photos than it is, not very good paint prep, etc. The seat upholstery is a homebrew job. The rad cap is a Quail motometer which is a reproduction of an accessory available back in the day, but I'm not sure if the thermometer part was available on the originals. The roadster in the pic has a Quail, but it's been on that car since '66 and my grandpa thought it was an original one and it doesn't have the thermometer feature. Yes it has had turn signals added, and I'll probably just leave them, the previous owner at least used period correct extra lamps (or maybe 1940s era?) the brake lamps have the glass lenses that say STOP which is kind of neat. I was measuring the wheelbase of the roadster and it looks like it would fit on the deck, but that is likely a pipe dream. A friend has a hydraulic hoist setup under a '36 flatdeck that he said I could have, so oneday I'll put it on this truck with an old handcrank BB winch at the front. Tom, I will take a bunch of pictures of the BB for you and send them to you in a private email. I will take pics of the front brake rod supports that you asked about in another thread.
Shorthaul
Body Type: 186 stake
Model Year: 1931

Post by Shorthaul »

I like the truck, and the price. Does it have metal or wood sign boards on the front side stakes.?

I also would like to see the cab insides.
russ
Body Type: 82a

Post by russ »

Wow! Right time, right place or what. Great aquisition Modeleh. As already mentioned, nice looking line-up you have there.
Everybody likes pics.