Seattle area owners ....

Discussion forum for AA related activities, weekend outings, AA stories etc.
JEFF I
Body Type: Dump & Flatbed
Model Year: 1931

Seattle area owners ....

Post by JEFF I »

Looking for fellow owners in this area to see what kind of trouble we can get into. I like driving my rig and of course it's fun and safer to go in a group.
In my travels I have had some mishaps but carry lots of spare parts under the seat. One day I was out for a short test drive .... everything running fine ..... suddenly the engine quit ..... luckly I had a good head of steam going and was about a quarter mile from my house , just enough speed to coast into my driveway. The hot wire to the coil had broke. In trying to keep my truck looking as original as possible , I've decided that it's time to buy new tires .... at leased for the front! One very hot summer day I was motoring along a back country road when the sinking feeling of a flat front tire came over me. Do you know how much fun it is to change a tire in 95 degree heat and no shade? As I was putting the spare on I was wondering .... did I check its pressure lately? A little low but OK ... on the road again. Went a few more miles .... BOOM! :shock: .... blew a rear tire! Thank god for duals ... limped on home :oops:

Happy Trails
Shorthaul
Body Type: 186 stake

Re: Seattle area owners ....

Post by Shorthaul »

Yeah, guess you better not keep that thing too original. Time for some tires
JEFF I
Body Type: Dump & Flatbed

Post by JEFF I »

Shorthaul ....

Been researching tires ..... Sacramento Vintage seems to have a good deal ( Denman 600-20 , $100.00 ea.). Have you had any dealings with them? If anyone has advice on new tires .... quality of different makers , shipping ..... etc. Let me know. J
Boomer
Body Type: 82-A Closed Cab
Model Year: 1929

Post by Boomer »

That's a great deal on those tires- Coker has them listed for $146.
Drew N.

1929 AA Closed Cab

Skol Vikings!
miner art
Body Type: AA flt.BD.82a
Model Year: 1929

XtroubleX

Post by miner art »

Good thing your in Seattle, MY my,we would be in deep ca ca the bunch of us tooling around in our old trucks!!,As for the tire thing I bought from SAC. VINTAGE took a bit to get them,but then,whose in a hurry !!,Had to have the CADM. plating done in portland THO,.ART