SACRAMENTO VINTAGE FORD OLD CAR AND ROD MEET

Discussion forum for AA related activities, weekend outings, AA stories etc.
miner art
Body Type: AA flt.BD.82a
Model Year: 1929

Re: SACRAMENTO VINTAGE FORD OLD CAR AND ROD MEET

Post by miner art »

This is in Sacramento?? Great photo's, maybe you can show some of us howed you do it!!!
ART
SHELBY MESSER
Body Type: 75-A
Model Year: 1930

Post by SHELBY MESSER »

No that is the rear spring hanger. The rear section is all a '32 to '34 BB frame, with floating rear axle. This is the rear view of the '28-29 open cab. notice in the picture in front of my head where the bolt used to fasten the bed to truck, You can see the splice in the frame was made (AA to BB). AA front frame and BB rear frame. Note springs are not AA!!! Shelby away in Sacramento.These last pictures were taken at the WOODLAND TRUCK AND EQUIPMENT MUSEUM by Bob
Erskine48
Body Type: 82a/3axle
Model Year: 1929

Post by Erskine48 »

Here is the other pic of that suspension, note at left of pic the rear frame is slid inside the AA frame. This idea is like my extended 6 wheeler, my rear 3 axle slides over the AA frame which is not cut. Here also is a pic for Dave, It's from the old Towe Museum. About the pics, I print 5x7s and scan them on my flatbed scanner which I can set the resolution to 100. Bob E.
Attachments
fmaatc 8.jpg
fmaatc 8.jpg (94.34 KiB) Viewed 3928 times
fmaatc 7.jpg
fmaatc 7.jpg (81.36 KiB) Viewed 3928 times
Reds34
Body Type: dump

Post by Reds34 »

About those spring hangers, unless they were changed, they're not '33 or '34. Not so sure about '32 or '35, would have to look. So if it is a '32 chassis, then, they would've had to change the axle. Just what I noticed. Cool pics though.

Red
SHELBY MESSER
Body Type: 75-A

Post by SHELBY MESSER »

I'm not sure what year. I'm over 2,000 miles from my'32, '34 and '37 to compare. But they are not shock mounts. The floating axles are '34 or newer to my knowledge. Hope everyone enjoyed the pictures Bob took!!! Shelby, Away in Sacramento.