AA TRUCK LOCATED

Discussion forum for AA related activities, weekend outings, AA stories etc.
SHELBY MESSER
Body Type: 75-A
Model Year: 1930

AA TRUCK LOCATED

Post by SHELBY MESSER »

I was driving north on hwy. 99 north,and I saw an AA truck( I think) In the Merced area, (Down toward Fresno, Calif.). I was driving around 70 mph when I saw it. Its sitting in a large lot that seams fenced next to hwy.99 by itself. It is sitting backed toward hwy.99 facing to the east. From the glance I got at 70 mph. It looked in good condition. If anyone in that area is looking for a truck or is interested. I do not know if it is for sale. But well worth checking into. There is a Big TOYOTA or dealership sign right past where the truck is on the same side (east) 0f hwy. 99 north right about where you exit hwy.99 to 140 west. In that general. I'm from Louisiana!! Shelby,away in Sacramento.
Last edited by SHELBY MESSER on July 31st, 2010, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
miner art
Body Type: AA flt.BD.82a
Model Year: 1929

Re: AA TRUCK LOCATED

Post by miner art »

You know I thought folk's from the South slowed down a bit!!,But when in CA. you have to stay in the hammer lane!,Miss all the "GOOD" stuff!, Check out the the old barn's just off the Freeway's,Ifin ya have time,!!!!
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Post by Chris Haynes »

SHELBY MESSER wrote:I was driving north on hwy. 99 north,and I saw an AA truck( I think) In the Madera area, (Down toward Fresno, Calif.). I was driving around 70 mph when I saw it. Its sitting in a large lot that seams fenced next to hwy.99 by itself. It is sitting backed toward hwy.99 facing to the east. From the glance I got at 70 mph. It looked in good condition. If anyone in that area is looking for a truck or is interested. I do not know if it is for sale. But well worth checking into. There is a Big TOYOTA or dealership sign right past where the truck is on the same side (east) 0f hwy. 99 north right about where you exit hwy.99 to 140 west. In that general. I'm from Louisiana!! Shelby,away in Sacramento.

Shgelby,
140 and 99 meet in Merced, CA, not Madera. Can you be a little more specific? Hwy 145 crosses 99 in Madera.
Here is 99 and 145 in Madera.
Here is 99 and 140 in Merced.
As you can see both are heavily populated areas.
SHELBY MESSER

Post by SHELBY MESSER »

Chris, You are right. When I posted, I had the map in my hand, it was in Merced, must to have had a finger slip. I was coming off hwy. 140 east up hwy. 99 north. The AA truck was very close to hwy 99. I saw it through a break in the brush along the highway!!! Shelby, away in Sacramento.
Chris Haynes

Post by Chris Haynes »

So was this actually in the city of Merced? East of 99 and how far north of 140? I will be there next weekend.
While you are in Sacramento be sure to visit Sacramento Vintage Ford in Rancho Cordova.
http://www.vintageford.com/
Also visit the California Auto Museum.
http://toweautomuseum.org/
And don't miss The Hays Truck Museum on I-5 a bit north of Sacto in Woodland, CA.
http://truckmuseum.org/info.html
SHELBY MESSER

Post by SHELBY MESSER »

Chris, I was coming back from Yosemite after I merged hwy.140 and hwy.99 after with 10 minutes I saw a Toyota sign up the road. Before I got to the Toyota sign I saw the truck. I forgot the sign after that. I don't know if it was a dealership or just a sign. I was headed back to Sacramento. I've been to Sacramento Vintage Twice to the car shows. I bought a few items. I went to the Hays Truck and Equipment Museum in woodland, also the Calif. Auto Museum. I'm going to the 45th annual CLASSIC Car and parts swap meet today at the Arco Arena open from 6AM til 4 PM up I 5 by the airport!!!Shelby, away in Sacramento.
Chris Haynes

Post by Chris Haynes »

How long are ya gonna be in Sacto?
SHELBY MESSER

Post by SHELBY MESSER »

I'll be in Sacramento 'til the last week in Aug. around the 26th. I went to the swap meet at the Arco Arena today, Never got to see it all. Saw some good '30-31 A hoods and A-AA front fenders not so good but not rusted, they had old repair weld that were salvagable. Was looking for the long mirrow brackets for the AA but never seen any. I got this E-mail address for California classic license plates if anyone is interested (RubyLane.com/shop/ClassicLicensePlates Or Call at 503-585-3497 !!! Shelby, Away in Sacramento.
Chris Haynes

Post by Chris Haynes »

You gotta go to the Turlock swap meet on August 22nd.
Chris Haynes

Post by Chris Haynes »

I went by that area yesterday and found this one. Is that the one you saw? It appears to be a late 1930.
Brian T
Model Year: 1929

Post by Brian T »

Did anyone go to the swap meet in Turlock? ----- wasnt worth the trip for me with what little I am looking for.
Nothing can be made fool proof, fools are ingenious bastards.
Chris Haynes

Post by Chris Haynes »

Brian T wrote:Did anyone go to the swap meet in Turlock? ----- wasnt worth the trip for me with what little I am looking for.

What are ya lookin' for Brian?
I went to Turlock and found several items at a good price. The August Turlock meet is always small. The best one is the Model A Club meet held there in January.
SHELBY MESSER

Post by SHELBY MESSER »

Chris, If you are addressing me, No that truck looks like it is black all over. The one I saw was the the color of the newer truck in the background. It also was in a large lot of gravel and grass and weeds. The truck was a L-30 or 31. If you go north and see A large TOYOTA OR TUNDRA sign,keep an eye to the right very near the 99 road way. Also it was a small window to see it between the hedge along the highway. Good luck!! I'm heading back to Louisiana AUG 26. I'll be on I-5 s!! Shelby, Leaving Sacramento.
Chris Haynes

Post by Chris Haynes »

The only Toyota sign I saw was several miles north of where 140 meets 99. Actually past the Castle off ramp.