Happy Trails To You

Discussion forum for AA related activities, weekend outings, AA stories etc.
mbailout2
Body Type: grain body
Model Year: 1930

Happy Trails To You

Post by mbailout2 »

Well guys...it's been fun, and my tenure as maybe being a radical in this, and other Forums, is coming to a close. Once I get my research done, data recorded and Molly back up on all fours, Molly and I will again be involved in the show circuits coming up this fall and winter. It's a full time job for me and I spend a lot of time keeping her undercarriage and engine compartment detailed, and her topside buffed out between shows. Molly never loses, and everyone knows her by name. She has always won best of show overall, and I think it's because there is nothing like her anywhere. I was serious when I said her trophies have taken up the back bedroom. She is a grand lady and Molly and I have a lot of fun together. I drive her to all the shows, and they are not all AACA shows, but I don't drive her more than 100 miles from home. I don't drive her on the Interstates, nor in the rain. She will cruise at 45 MPH without complaining. I did drive her 50+ MPH from a car show last month (pedal to the metal) trying to beat a rainstorm home. She was yelling at me all the way home. Three days later and four blocks from home, she blew her drive shaft bearing. I think she was mad at me. :( I have recently purchased a car trailer and will start hauling her to shows over 100 miles away. Molly is not comfortable to drive for me. After about 3 hours, I feel like I've been in a bar brawl. I guess it's my age, and the AA's were not made for comfort. I think a lot of you guys can relate to that ? :lol: Everyone has their "thing" when it comes to their AA or Model A's, and everyone's antique truck or car is special to them, as it should be. My thing is what Molly and I do together, and it's almost like a love story....as it should be.

See Molly in the Double A'er Newsletter published this April 2010.
Shorthaul
Body Type: 186 stake
Model Year: 1931

Re: Happy Trails To You

Post by Shorthaul »

Glad to see you are enjoying your hobby and getting some road time as well. Good luck!!

Where about do you live?
mbailout2
Body Type: grain body

Post by mbailout2 »

Thanks for your reply Shorthaul. I live in SW Florida. 8)
russ
Body Type: 82a

Post by russ »

Well ya don't have to leave just 'cause she's up and runnin' again. Drop in often and let us know of your current goin's on with Molly. I for one would like to see lots more pics of yer ride.

Best, russ
Everybody likes pics.
TomH
Body Type: pickup
Model Year: 1928

Post by TomH »

russ wrote:Well ya don't have to leave just 'cause she's up and runnin' again. Drop in often and let us know of your current goin's on with Molly. I for one would like to see lots more pics of yer ride.

Best, russ
Yah, what russ and Shorthaul said. I for one think you have livened this forum up in the last few weeks.
Best of luck
Tom H
Need rear fenders and running boards for 1932 131" single wheel Express Body