Florida "Edison Parade of Lights"

Discussion forum for AA related activities, weekend outings, AA stories etc.
mbailout2
Body Type: grain body
Model Year: 1930

Florida "Edison Parade of Lights"

Post by mbailout2 »

Molly was again invited to participate in the “Edison Parade of Lights” in Ft Myers, Florida this year, on February 19th. It is an annual event and one of the top 5 events in the State of Florida, drawing 40-50 thousand people from Florida and around the country. Last year, Molly was the only Model A or AA in the parade. :shock:

Molly was leading the trucks in the parade and was in front of a 1930 Mack 15 ton chain drive truck, owned by Florida Power and Light Co., which was used to haul the large wooden electric line poles. Molly in front of that behemoth looked about like a Volkswagen in front of a Tractor Trailer. :)

Sam Galloway Ford, a local Ford Dealership, had 3 early Model T’s in the parade and has the same T’s every year. Mr. Galloway has a garage full of T’s, A’s and AAs, but he runs only the T’s in the parade. Last year a couple of them had to be towed with golf carts half way through the parade. :roll:

I’m looking now for a photographer who takes pictures of bathing suit models. I think a couple of gorgeous looking bikini clad lovelies draped over Molly’s fenders would make Molly look great! The parade will be “upclassed” this year and I will have to wear 29 era clothing, which is not a big deal. I already have a “Gatsby Cap”. I suppose suspenders and a plaid long sleeve shirt are also needed. :?

This parade might also give me the opportunity to meet that photographer? If not, those bikini clad lovelies will do! :D

Mark 8)
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed
Model Year: 1931

Re: Florida "Edison Parade of Lights"

Post by spectria »

mbailout2 wrote:Molly was again invited to participate in the “Edison Parade of Lights” in Ft Myers, Florida this year, on February 19th. It is an annual event and one of the top 5 events in the State of Florida, drawing 40-50 thousand people from Florida and around the country. Last year, Molly was the only Model A or AA in the parade. :shock:
Molly was leading the trucks in the parade and was in front of a 1930 Mack 15 ton chain drive truck, owned by Florida Power and Light Co., which was used to haul the large wooden electric line poles. Molly in front of that behemoth looked about like a Volkswagen in front of a Tractor Trailer. :) Sam Galloway Ford, a local Ford Dealership, had 3 early Model T’s in the parade and has the same T’s every year. Mr. Galloway has a garage full of T’s, A’s and AAs, but he runs only the T’s in the parade. Last year a couple of them had to be towed with golf carts half way through the parade. :roll: I’m looking now for a photographer who takes pictures of bathing suit models. I think a couple of gorgeous looking bikini clad lovelies draped over Molly’s fenders would make Molly look great! The parade will be “upclassed” this year and I will have to wear 29 era clothing, which is not a big deal. I already have a “Gatsby Cap”. I suppose suspenders and a plaid long sleeve shirt are also needed. :? This parade might also give me the opportunity to meet that photographer? If not, those bikini clad lovelies will do! :D Mark 8)
LOL. make sure and post ALL of the PICS!!!
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org