Discussion forum for AA related activities, weekend outings, AA stories etc.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Harry Lipki
- Posts: 103
- Joined: January 26th, 2011, 4:32 pm
- Body Type: AA Chassis
- Model Year: 1928
- Location: London Ontario , Canada
We had to completly replace the entire deck , beams , and racks as the old ones were rotten . This was an aftermarket deck from day one . Also ignore the spare tire . It is there for show . It is acually a Model A wheel that a person donated to us for the project ( She found it under her shed ) It looks cool but will not fit . The only part that is original from the deck is the steel side rail . We used White Oak for the beams and Red Oak for the deck and racks . We also coated the Red Oak with Australian Timber Oil to keep the wood looking good. We premade the entire deck while the truck was getting painted .
- 99 small.JPG (58.24 KiB) Viewed 1516 times
- 81 back view small.JPG (67.04 KiB) Viewed 1516 times
- 80 racks are ready small.JPG (41.32 KiB) Viewed 1516 times
- Posts: 304
- Joined: August 21st, 2010, 7:28 am
- Body Type: 188-A
- Model Year: 1929
- Location: Milford, Indiana
Thank you so much can wait to get mine done so I can show it off.