Snow Plow?

Discussion forum for AA related activities, weekend outings, AA stories etc.
A-Town Bob
Model Year: 1930

Re: Snow Plow?

Post by A-Town Bob »

NICE!!
Roadster AA wrote:This is a 31 AA with a plow. Bet it turned hard.
russ
Body Type: 82a

Post by russ »

Chris Haynes wrote:Did you notice that the bone stock A engine produced over 40 HP?
russ wrote:We're not seeing the same thing here Chris. The only chart i see there representing a bone stock A engine is test #1, and i don't see any 40# there. Help me out.
hello?...Chris?...
Everybody likes pics.
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed
Model Year: 1931

Post by spectria »

Chris Haynes wrote:
russ wrote:
vtwinsideways wrote: And all with 40 H.P.!!! :D
40HP advertised, 25 or so in reality. :shock: 8)
Russ, Have you seen this? http://www.amuffler.com/dyno/dyno2.htm
Great Info Chris, and amazing to see that pretty much all you need is more airflow to get your power, just like the teacher always said, there is NO substitute for Cubic inches and flow through...

All an engine is, is an air-pump, more through, more power.

I am gonna go (on my modified truck) with the 351 pistons and mild cam with weber carb and ported polished manifold and header. The more power, the less the engine works to cruise at any speed you choose.
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Post by Chris Haynes »

russ wrote:
Chris Haynes wrote:Did you notice that the bone stock A engine produced over 40 HP?
russ wrote:We're not seeing the same thing here Chris. The only chart i see there representing a bone stock A engine is test #1, and i don't see any 40# there. Help me out.
hello?...Chris?...

Did you go to the bottom and click on NEXT PAGE?
russ
Body Type: 82a

Post by russ »

Yer just killin' me here Chris. Not sure if yer jokin' or what. Help me out here and just tell me straight out, which test # shows a bone stock A engine with 40 hp. I'm honestly not seein' it. Never was great with cypherin' so it might be there, but i sure ain't seein' it. I'm happy to say "oh shoot, there it is" if you'll just tell me which test i need to look closer at. I'm always willin' to learn. :)
Everybody likes pics.
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed
Model Year: 1931

Post by spectria »

russ wrote:Yer just killin' me here Chris. Not sure if yer jokin' or what. Help me out here and just tell me straight out, which test # shows a bone stock A engine with 40 hp. I'm honestly not seein' it. Never was great with cypherin' so it might be there, but i sure ain't seein' it. I'm happy to say "oh shoot, there it is" if you'll just tell me which test i need to look closer at. I'm always willin' to learn. :)
I think there is some sort of misunderstanding here, or it's a trick question.
I have run both stationary and portable Dyno testing equipment, and based on the statement "Stock 'A' Engine" the only results are in Test #1 that indicates it never reached 40 HP stock, but I am really pleased to read that with fairly minor changes, one can double the power of the Stock engine, although I wonder how well the Babbitt bearings could take the extra load?
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Post by Chris Haynes »

russ wrote:Yer just killin' me here Chris. Not sure if yer jokin' or what. Help me out here and just tell me straight out, which test # shows a bone stock A engine with 40 hp. I'm honestly not seein' it. Never was great with cypherin' so it might be there, but i sure ain't seein' it. I'm happy to say "oh shoot, there it is" if you'll just tell me which test i need to look closer at. I'm always willin' to learn. :)

I looked again with clean glasses and see the top HP on a stock engine was 35.60. But in another article Ron claimed slightly over 40 HP on a stock engine
Rien
Body Type: AA

Post by Rien »

just a bump for the information contained within the link to an engine test that is highly beneficial to anybody looking to increase their output power.
1 Last Load
Body Type: Dump

Post by 1 Last Load »

Can you send me the snow plow photo as a pdf that you posted on February 28, 2011? I am toying with the idea of fabricating a plow out of aluminum to keep the weight down and using rivets to make it appear as period correct. I would like to add a PTO to my 30 dump truck to operate the plow but am not sure how to operate it manually. Perhaps a gear reducer with a cam that would raise the plow so high and then drop it. Any photos or information would be appreciated. Thank you.
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Post by Neil Wilson »

1 Last Load,
If you are referring to the picture I posted on Feb. 28th, then I can send it to you. However, you need to email me (see below) so that I have your email. I can send it as a .jpg file.
Regards, Neil Wilson