First outing this year for Maggie.

Discussion forum for AA related activities, weekend outings, AA stories etc.
Brian T
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1929

First outing this year for Maggie.

Post by Brian T »

Harry and the Pepsi truck were not the only ones out showing off there labors of love, ( nice going Harry ) we were at the pancake breakfest in Orange county Ca yesterday put on by the OC model A club, -- 50th year -- alas no trouphy, but a good time never the less, nice to get together with people you only know by name but not in person.
It would be nice if AA owners within easy distance of San Diego could be at the MARC meeting in June this year with or without there trucks, hope to see some of you there.
Brian T.

Here are some pictures from a member of the Jalopy journal http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/show ... p?t=574694
Attachments
ORANGE COUNTY SHOW.JPG
ORANGE COUNTY SHOW.JPG (94.86 KiB) Viewed 5956 times
ORANGE COUNTY SHOW 2.JPG
ORANGE COUNTY SHOW 2.JPG (87.97 KiB) Viewed 5956 times
ORANGE COUNTY SHOW 1.JPG
ORANGE COUNTY SHOW 1.JPG (88.92 KiB) Viewed 5956 times
Nothing can be made fool proof, fools are ingenious bastards.
Harry Lipki
Body Type: AA Chassis
Model Year: 1928

Re: First outing this year for Maggie.

Post by Harry Lipki »

I love the truck Brian ... The colors are AWESOME ... The brighter the better ... You would not believe how many people try to tell me that these vehicles only came in black .. boy are they wrong . I like the name too .. We are trying to think up a good name for the Pepsi truck . We might put up a contest at Pepsi to see who can come up with the best name .....
Shorthaul
Body Type: 186 stake
Model Year: 1931

Post by Shorthaul »

Nice link Brian, lot of nice vehicles to look at.
captain marty
Body Type: firetruck
Model Year: 1928

Post by captain marty »

Wow you have a beautiful truck, that must have taken you quite a while. It looks new.
Keep up the good job.
Marty
Brian T
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1929

Post by Brian T »

Thanks Marty,
I cannot take the credit for the cosmetics of the truck, I purchased it in 2008 from a man in Wisconsin who had it stored in a weather controlled storage building for 8 years and prior to that it was in a museum for sometime in Kansas, I had looked at many turn key trucks (not having time, or facilities to restore for myself) and this was the most unmolested as Henry built it, and will stay original as long as I have it.
All the sheet metal is pure tin, and I am guessing she was painted in the late 80s, it wasn't without needing work, being a mechanic by trade this was easy stuff to deal with, brakes, steering box repair, and many wrongly assembled odds and ends, my son and I built the stake sides, she gets a lot of camera work at shows and enjoy it as a family.
I have posted a pic of her in Wisconsin 1 of many I requested from the owner prior to purchase.
Attachments
MAGGIE IN WISCONSIN  1.jpg
MAGGIE IN WISCONSIN 1.jpg (61.04 KiB) Viewed 5724 times
Nothing can be made fool proof, fools are ingenious bastards.