Maggie looks good!

Discussion forum for AA related activities, weekend outings, AA stories etc.
Erskine48
Body Type: 82a/3axle
Model Year: 1929

Maggie looks good!

Post by Erskine48 »

Brian, Maggie is looking good in Wheels of Time,pg46. Bob E.
Brian T
Body Type: 82A

Re: Maggie looks good!

Post by Brian T »

Hello Bob:
Was the pic taken at the MARC meet or some other place? ... and is it in the latest issue of Wheels of time?.
Pity I had to rush off it would have been nice to have had a bull session with you and Mike James, we left on the the tour, 34 miles total ... around Fiesta island ... up to Point Loma lighthouse .. down to Shelter island where they had the awards for the touring class winners .. back to the Hotel .. Maggie didn't lose any of her water quite an achievement a 82 year old.

The points for the 2 AA,s: the chassis and cab scored 456 plus a MARC of excellence award: .. the duck hunters bus scored 471 plus the Henry award and a MARC of excellence.

My Grandson was entered into the drivable chassis disassembly along with 2 dozen others but only 6 showed 3 boys 3 girls, the man on the left is the owner, the other 2 were assistants, they removed the engine and some other pieces, refitted everything then were allowed to drive it or were given rides my grandson had is very first drive.

We spent the week there and met many people that are Fordbarners, most notable to me was a man by the name of Ron Rude from Quincy Ca, born in 1928 sharp as a tack and full of resto info to share, he as restored many As but never entered in fine points, he came with a 28 a pickup with a Kentucky Wagon Works body and scored 460 points plus a MARC of excellence, it was nice to put faces on the names we see, if only Neil Wilson had been there, this man saved me much grief in my early pursuit in this hobby, thank you Neil.
Attachments
CHASSIS 1.JPG
CHASSIS 1.JPG (271.23 KiB) Viewed 5315 times
CHASSIS 2.JPG
CHASSIS 2.JPG (255.14 KiB) Viewed 5315 times
CHASSIS.JPG
CHASSIS.JPG (268.99 KiB) Viewed 5315 times
Nothing can be made fool proof, fools are ingenious bastards.
Drew Mashburn
Model Year: 1930

Post by Drew Mashburn »

Brian:

It's really nice to see the youngsters' involvement with the antique vehicle hobby!

-- Drew
Drew Mashburn
Erskine48
Body Type: 82a/3axle

Post by Erskine48 »

Brian, it is in the current issue,July-August 2011. The pic is at the Perris meet. Bob E.
Brian T
Body Type: 82A

Post by Brian T »

Hello Bob,
We cannot find the mag in the local stores, I believe it must be issued to ATHS members only, was it a pic taken in front of the diesel loco?, if so then we have that one, if not can you scan the pic and e-mail it?.
Thanks Brian.
Nothing can be made fool proof, fools are ingenious bastards.