Follow up on lifting 28 cab

Discussion forum for AA related activities, weekend outings, AA stories etc.
rollingsculpture
Body Type: platform
Model Year: 1931

Re: Follow up on lifting 28 cab

Post by rollingsculpture »

you know chris , that is a really good point for some reason i never really thought about removing the column seemed like it was one of those things better left alone .
Shorthaul
Body Type: 186 stake
Model Year: 1931

Post by Shorthaul »

Lots of way's to skin a mule. Fully assembled, steering wheel and all including the throttle and spark advance lever. I think lowtide went the right way with the a-frame. Sure got the job done and a damn good reason to be proud of his accomplishment.
Jared275
Body Type: dUMP
Model Year: 1928

Post by Jared275 »

Firstly, I love the way lowtide went about doing this. What better way to finish up a project then to assemble it just as Henry did on the line 80 years ago.
Secondly, the time expended is not the most important thing in life; weather it be 5 mins to remove parts or a day to build an impressive lift....it is your time and enjoy it your way.
lowtide
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1928

Post by lowtide »

I have kind of enjoyed all the responces. When I installed the cab there wasn't much left to do. A couple of wires,gas line, install cab to frame bolts, all the floor board "D" nuts had been tapped and I drove around the block. The steering column is more than 2 bolts,starter and clutch pedal, pitman arm. The advantage of the A frame you could lower it carefully making sure rubber pads were in place, no marks on the fresh paint and no one hurt themselves. We all have different shops and can do things different.
Good luck lowtide