1931 Dump

Discussion forum for AA related activities, weekend outings, AA stories etc.
JEFF I
Body Type: Dump & Flatbed
Model Year: 1931

1931 Dump

Post by JEFF I »

Some before and after pictures to share. Found in 2007 , had been sitting outside under a fir tree many years. Now road worthy , keeping it original looking. Fun to see the reaction of the younger generations ..... "you drove that here!" , "how fast does it go ?" , "how much horse power ?" , "should be in a museum". Happy trails
Attachments
31 AA # 3.jpg
31 AA # 3.jpg (254.92 KiB) Viewed 5343 times
31 AA # 2.jpg
31 AA # 2.jpg (157.33 KiB) Viewed 5343 times
spdway1

Re: 1931 Dump

Post by spdway1 »

I like the turn signal on the back of the cab!
flatford39
Body Type: Express
Model Year: 1928

Post by flatford39 »

There appears to a tank on the before pic just above the drivers side rear spring that I don't see in the now pic. what was that used for??? I would love to have your truck. So many uses I would have for it around my little acre and a half. Great gravel and mulch hauler.
spdway1

Post by spdway1 »

flatford39 wrote:There appears to a tank on the before pic just above the drivers side rear spring that I don't see in the now pic. what was that used for??? I would love to have your truck. So many uses I would have for it around my little acre and a half. Great gravel and mulch hauler.
Cow Poop too! :P
JEFF I
Body Type: Dump & Flatbed
Model Year: 1931

Post by JEFF I »

spdway1 wrote:
flatford39 wrote:There appears to a tank on the before pic just above the drivers side rear spring that I don't see in the now pic. what was that used for??? I would love to have your truck. So many uses I would have for it around my little acre and a half. Great gravel and mulch hauler.
Cow Poop too! :P

It was an air tank for a old brass boat horn under the hood. Somebody was inventive long ago. I have plans to re-install a larger tank with the same horn.