Museum is looking for a AA Postal Truck

Discussion forum for AA related activities, weekend outings, AA stories etc.
douginuk
Model Year: 1932

Museum is looking for a AA Postal Truck

Post by douginuk »

Our museum is looking for a AA Ford Postal Truck. We need one that is somewhat serviceable at that.

We are in Brenham, Tx. Our museum is inside what used to be the old post office. Its a huge Federal style building. Our ties to postal history are significant, and we know the post office here used a AA Truck.

We have three vehicle bays at the museum annex next door (its been built to appear late 19th or early 20th century). Two bays house fully restored fire trucks, 1927 and 1950 American La France engines.
Our Restored Silsby has a separate building. Our third bay is empty, and has been reserved for a postal truck. We have been searching for some time, obviously. Our largest problem lies in the financial area. We have operating funds, a conservation budget, we can pay for educational programs, and we have a professional staff... but now we can't afford the truck.

If any of you passionate enthusiasts know someone who wants their truck to go to a great home... and back to a post office... don't hesitate to call me at the Brenham Heritage Museum. We will ensure the truck will be around for the next 1,000 years. I'm the director, and this is my direct line.

979-830-8445