MARC Oshkosh Meet

Discussion forum for AA related activities, weekend outings, AA stories etc.
tiredtruckrestorer
Model Year: 1931

MARC Oshkosh Meet

Post by tiredtruckrestorer »

I read in the Model A News that there will be an "AA" Truck Club meeting at the MARC Oshkosh meet. Any more information on this? Anybody else going and/or taking a truck?

Keith
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Re: MARC Oshkosh Meet

Post by Neil Wilson »

I received the below information for Dan Gambill (our meetings/products guy).

FYI, Fred emailed that 14 have signed up for the meeting at the MARC Meet and Diane emailed 8 have signed up for the MAFCA Meet.
Regards, Neil Wilson
TruckMan
Body Type: Garwood Dump
Model Year: 1928

Post by TruckMan »

When is it? Where is it?

What below information?
TruckMan
TruckMan

Post by TruckMan »

Neil,

Please help educate me.

First, I see that the meet is at the EAA grounds in Oshkosh June 11-15th. I also see it costs $98 to register so I am hesitating.

Do I need to be a member just to Attend? Even if I don't take my truck I sure would like to see all those vehicles.

Is membership in your AA Truck Club the same as in a local MARC region? I am not a Model A member anywhere at present.

Please advise.
TruckMan
tiredtruckrestorer
Model Year: 1931

Post by tiredtruckrestorer »

Hello TruckMan,

The host hotel is the Hilton Garden Inn in Oshkosh and the parking lots will be filled with Model A's and a few AA's. To go to any of the events such as the seminars, tours, parties, banquet you have to be a member of the National Club and not just a region. The AA Truck Club is considered a special interest region. We have the problem in our local regional club that not all region members are members of the National. The main problem with this is insurance coverage with meetings and events.

Usually the flea market is sort of open for anyone, but it is being held on the EAA grounds and I think the information I read said that with your registration you would be issued a pass to get in the EAA grounds. You could call the host club and see what it takes to get into the flea market if you are interested in that. Like I said earlier, the parkings lots will be full of Model A's and it is neat just walking around and looking at them too.

I'm taking my '31 AA canopy express.

Keith
TruckMan

Post by TruckMan »

Despite work conflicts, I was able to peruse the swap meet on Monday over an exrtended lunch and I had Friday off, so I finally was able to bring my truck that day.

Thanks for bringing yours!
TruckMan
dan plantz
Body Type: stakebed
Model Year: 1929

Post by dan plantz »

can anyone inform me where/when there might be a swap meet in upstate ny. pa or canada, I am in need of a hood and a drivers door for the 1929 model aa stakebed truck i am putting together while spending the summer/fall in upstate ny. any info on above parts would be appreciated. Will need to try to obtain title / registration upon my return to fla in october. I have built this truck from doodle bug parts and a untitled truck . Hope i do not run into trouble getting a title. dan
Brady
Body Type: None

Post by Brady »

Dan: Just go to a DMV and sweet-talk the girls into telling you how to go about it. Get the title soon, before too much more asseblly, as the value will only increase with your work, and then the prices go up. -- P.S. I hope you didn't ruin too many nice dodlebugs just to make some old truck ...
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Post by Chris Haynes »

As long as the serial number on your frame is not hot it should be relatively easy. Leave the cab off so your DMV people can see the number. DO NOT TELL THEM IT WAS BUILT FROM PARTS.
dan plantz
Body Type: stakebed
Model Year: 1929

Post by dan plantz »

TKS FOR INFO JUST USED ONE DOODLE BUG. WONDERING WHETHER IT WOULD BE EASIER TO REGISTER/TITLE IT IN NY OR FLA. DAN
Brady
Body Type: None

Post by Brady »

FCS - Try it here first, while you're here. It might work out just great, and if you wait till you get to Florida, you might end up being USC